Shortest ride

adiaz43

Jul 28, 2008
I am planning to stay at Dream Resorts in La Romana mid August. There are no direct flights from NYC to La Romana. I wanted to know which surrounding airport would be the most convinent to land on; Punta Cana or Santo Domingo? Which would provide the shortest and safest ride to Dream Resort in La Romana?

Thanks,

Adrian

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Either would be OK. They are more or less equidistant but the road to and from Las Americas (Santo Domingo) is in better shape than the one to and from Punta Cana, which gives SDQ a slight edge. :)

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
I agree with Chiri on this, the road has been worked on and repaired and expanded in the last 3 years between Santo Domingo ---> San Pedro de Macoris ---> La Romana
given the better driving conditions and no traffic/congestions [around San Pedro can be quite irritating] you should be able to make this drive from SDQ in an hour and a half tops! :)

lorenzocast

Apr 19, 2009
FROM SDQ TO LA ROMANA WILL BE THE BEST, DUE TO THE FACT THAT THEY HAVE BEEN FIXING IT, I WAS THERE ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO AND IT WASNT BAD, A FEW POT holes here in there but it wouldn’t be D.R. it there weren’t no pot holes