i am an american citizen

alina2838

Apr 20, 2009
i am an american citizen and i receive social secuirity i got engaged in the dominican republic to a dominican woman because i receive social secuirity will i have any problems in the process of bringing her to the u.s.a.

Mar 2, 2008
The process itself is a problem. You should do some research using the search feature on this forum (tool-bar at the top of this page) and google.

It is not an easy process, and it is by no means assured that she will get one when all is said and done.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
i am an american citizen and i receive social secuirity i got engaged in the dominican republic to a dominican woman because i receive social secuirity will i have any problems in the process of bringing her to the u.s.a.

what is her background??Does she have money,house,job,passport,etc....
you getting ss does not mean anything...
your chances right now are slim to none if she does not start with the 3 items above....after that it goes to 1 in a thousand...
bob

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Your best bet is to marry her and then you can do a direct consulate filing and apply for a CR1/IR1 that process is a petition for an alien relative and that would fit your situation better the form online to look for is a I130 and you could get it at uscis.gov

alina2838

Apr 20, 2009
we have a child together who was born in 2008 and now our child has an american passport we went to the consulate last month and just received the childs passport

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think Jaguarbob meant to say "slim and none" and Slim just left town.

Unless you can prove a long, on-going relationship with woman you married...the consulate people will see it as a marriage of convenience for her as a way to take care of her family as your heir. They will not grant her a visa for a few years, if at all. Because of so many similar cases (Heck, Dominican women are beautiful!) they will be doubly suspicious due to the age differential...

Sorry, I think you are in for a long and difficult wait. Don't get your hopes up and don't spend your own money on this...

HB

Oh, I see that you had a child with her and registered it as yours. That is a step forward. Keep as many pictures of the relationship as you can, they will prove the commitment. However, you still have a long row to hoe.

alina2838

Apr 20, 2009

we have been together since 2006 she is 36 and i am 40 our child was born in 2008 our child just got u.s. citizenship this month her u.s. passport just arrived from the consulate in santo domingo

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I had no issues getting a tourist Visa for my Dominican wife, but at the time I was a legal resident of the DR, with a legally registered Dominican business and she owns real estate here - also they checked my Dominican credit report to make sure I didn't have any huge debts.

All of those things worked together to prove we weren't just trying to skip out of town.