The North Coast Players - Amateur Dramatics

Judith Hogg

Mar 19, 2007
Are you bored with your evenings and find there is not enough entertainment??​

The North Coast Players are a group of amateur actors who will be staging two shows in the first Season on the north coast. First off will be the Thriller

"Wait Until Dark

by Frederick Knott​

Auditions will be held on Sunday 17th May at the

Casa Marina Reef Amphitheater

10am - 1pm and 7pm - 10pm.

The play will be staged in December at the Casa Marina Reef Theater and currently Auditions for the leading roles and backstage crew are going to be held at the Theater on 17th May at 10.00am - 1pm and 7pm -10pm .

Everyone is welcome to come to the auditions but please register first to ensure you are given a time.

The Shows will be performed in Sosua in December for three nights and then again in Playa Dorada the next month. Directing the first show will be Judith Hogg, ably assisted by Judy Rae.

We are looking for all types of talent!

The leading roles

Suzy A young blind woman

Gloria A precocious teenager

Sam Her husband

Mike A smooth talking con-man

Roat A vicious and brilliant killer

Carlino A thug

Apart from these roles, we are in need of assistant directors, wardrobe people, fight choreographer, lighting and sound guys, prompt, and stage manager. Also we are looking for help at front of the house, with PR ticket sales and sponsorship liaison.

NO EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY JUST A WILLINGNESS TO LEARN AND A COMMITMENT TO ENJOYING YOURSELF AND MAKING MONEY FOR LOCAL CHARITIES!​

The second production will be the timeless piece Cinderella where we will need the cast and a chorus line and dancers, so register for that too!

www.northcoastplayers.com

See our website for full details of Casting at the North Coast Players Theater Group

Email: contact@northcoastplayers.com or telephone Judy on 809 571 1994

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
Judith Hogg and I are looking for a tremendous response and turnout for the auditions. Please let us know as soon as possible! Thank you for your support! Judy

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I'm sure that by calling yourselves 'players' you will get a tremendous response :) . Is it permitted to volunteer Rocky in his absence as Wardrobe Manager? Job description says 'ensuring actors are dressed'. I think he's always up for a challenge........;)

Pansy

Banned
Apr 14, 2009
This should be a lot of fun, and even those of us with no acting talent what-so-ever ought to be able to do something helpful. I hope you get the response you need, it`s a great way of meeting different people. Do you have any idea where you`ll be holding the rehersals and the likely timing?

Judith

Jul 17, 2005
Amateur Dramatics Rehearsals

We have had a lot of interest and although too early to confirm venues for the rehearsals, some will be held at Morua Mai restaurant, some at Las Ca?as, and closer to the date for the Play, we will be rehearsing at the Casa Marina Reef Theater.

More offers of rehearsal venues would be appreciated!

lovinlifeinthesun

Apr 28, 2009
THANK YOU! For bringing a much needed fresh idea to involve and uplift our community. Finally a truly family friendly environment. I can't wait to hear more, please keep us closely posted as things progress and see you at the show!!!!!!!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
hmm well that will send people to bed feeling safe and secure - blind girl gets terrorised by mad intruder - are there any toe-tapping numbers in it

Judith Hogg

Mar 19, 2007
Requests for tickets going through the roof!

We haven't even got to the Auditions yet!!

I hope you will all turn up....

(If we build it - they will come!)

:cheeky:

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I think you've put the notice in the right place, Judith.

There's quite a bit of amateur dramatics on this board. :D