Minister announces big changes to Sos?a

Status
Not open for further replies.

coowouters

Apr 21, 2009
Read on Sosua News:

On Sunday 19 April a meeting was held at Andres' restaurant near the beach, which was chaired by the Minister of Tourism, Lic. Francisco Javier Garc?a. The entire business community in the town were invited to attend. The Minister announced that the government would be initiating drastic measures to ensure that the town becomes better known to the tourism sector. This year will mark the beginning of the construction of a new modern hospital, and the government will make 10 million pesos available to resolve the problem of stench from the local authority's landfill site. In addition, all roads will be asphalted from the beginning of June onwards. There are also plans to create a yachting marine at the mouth of the Sos?a river. The beach will also be renovated, which means that all small snackbars and shops will have to move to a new (yet to be built) shopping centre, which will be located near the entrance to the beach.
These announcements by the Minister caused considerable unrest and even panic among the various shop-owners present at the meeting. The Minister tried to calm things down by saying that specific proposals will be made public later in the year, which will show that all shop-owners will benefit from these changes.

Chris

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
We have a big monument here in Santiago. There are about 4000 square meters (40000 sq ft.) of property and perhaps as many as 500,000 visitors a year. It is beautifully gardened. I would be happy to get you a genuine, absolutely perfect bill of sale for it if you want.

Please advise the community of DR1 what the above improvements occur.......

If he can convince them, perhaps I can sell the monument???

HB

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
- construction of a new modern hospital,
- resolve stench from the local authority's ,
- all roads will be asphalted .
- create a yachting marine at the mouth of the Sos?a river.
- The beach will also be renovated,
- a new shopping centre,

Big Plans.

At first glance this might seem nice to some, if it ever actually happens of course. Especially the Hospital. But if your really think about it, the Hospital is probably geared towards tourism as well so the toursists have proper health care (insurance acceptance) when they stub their toe in Sosua.

If they actually built a small, well run & staffed Hospital that the residents could benifit from at the same time, that would be great. And if it had an outreach Nutrition program that teaches the importance of vegatables, etc etc... Now were talking. But lose the marina.

Does anybody here grow veggies in the DR? Just curious.

May 5, 2007
Locals full of shi*

Read on Sosua News:
the government will make 10 million pesos available to resolve the problem of stench from the local authority's landfill site.
Chris

I had always heard the local authorities were full of crap, but need for their own landfill!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I had always heard the local authorities were full of crap, but need for their own landfill!!

They bulldozed El Tablon and moved the residents, what makes you skeptical they won't do the same to La Piedra's residents?

tambo'

May 5, 2007
Get over yourself

No idea what "they" will or will not do, but have a very good idea on your capability to discern sarcasm

They bulldozed El Tablon and moved the residents, what makes you skeptical they won't do the same to La Piedra's residents?

tambo'

May 5, 2007
There should be room for you in the pile!

So you believe they will build it? Are you personally familiar with the amount of available space from previous experience, or have you been looking for a place a to build that will suit your personality?

See, even you can post intelligently with just a small amount of education ;)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
The projected move of the La Piedra residents has been all over the local papers, TV & radio. It is a great concern to them because they don't want to go to La Union. One week they are told they won't have to go there, the next week they are told that's where they will be moved to - you can understand how disquieting this is for them.

Sosua Online

Sosua Online

We have a big monument here in Santiago. There are about 4000 square meters (40000 sq ft.) of property and perhaps as many as 500,000 visitors a year. It is beautifully gardened. I would be happy to get you a genuine, absolutely perfect bill of sale for it if you want.

Please advise the community of DR1 what the above improvements occur.......

If he can convince them, perhaps I can sell the monument???

HB

Can you get me a price on that monument? I might be able to get a commision on it when I sell it to one of the people who paid the mayor of Sosua to have the Mulata road paved!!! :)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
so why would the small beach vendors have to move ? will they allow vendors near the yachting marina ?

Status
Not open for further replies.