Find out in who's name a car title is?

coowouters

Apr 21, 2009
I think I have seen a link somewhere in the board some time ago.
You had to give the placa (and maybe something else, can't remember anymore) and it gave the name of the person to whom the car was registered. I remember that I tried it with my car and that I actually showed up as being the owner :)
Anyone who knows the link or in what thread it is mentioned? (and yes, I tried the search function, but nada...)
And in case you wonder why I would like that info; I recently sold a car to someone who returned to Europe for a couple of months and I would like to show him that the title was transferred.

TIA,

Chris

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Unbeleable!!!
I just check this website and there are still two cars on my name. I sold both over ten years ago.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
so you are still the registered holder of those 2 cars and may be questioned/seen responsible for activities with YOUR cars involved.
Mike

I have the actos de ventas notarizados and certificados, copy of the matriculas and a copy of the cedula of the buyer of each of the vehicles I sold in the past.
Que te parece? Am I ok??

JJ

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
eso parece bien.
a lot of people do not keep the paperwork when selling a vehicle, to be honest i do not have the paperwork about the sales of every single vehicle i sold, neither. during my first 3 or 4 years on the Isle you exchanged matriculas for the lil cheap cars and paid the pesos, deal done, lol.
and you sold them 10 years ago.
for a sales of today's it's more important to get the traspaso done quick(i think the law says 15 days after the purchase), so the gubmin has the sales tax in their pocket right away, in return a sales with no traspaso done and sales tax paid does not count today's(i think since spring 2007).
and thanks for the link you posted abobve to the DGII site, it is helpful to check out nearly everything related to sales or businesses.
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
such would make sence.
that way every illegal sales(without traspaso) would need to get legalized, in that process the sales tax/traspaso fee will be collected.
i bet that will be a nice big sum of extra money for the gubmin and the AMET will stop a bunch of cars still not renewed due to "no Matricula".
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
It would also mean that they would have to correct the names of the proper owners of the vehicles. On checking the web site I see that will be easier said than done. I found the website to be very much out of date.

if the traspaso been done the new car owner will have the matricula with his/her name on it in hands and can renew the placa, independent if that website is up to date or not, b/c to renew you just show the matricula and a cedular with the same name that's shown on the matricula.
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
if you fill in a matricula number and a cedula number and the description of a car comes up means that this specific car with that description/matricula is owned by the holder of the entered cedula number.
Mike

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Thanks for the link!
One question though; if I fill out my placa and RNC nummber, I only get a description of the vehicle; no name of owner. ZAn I doing something wrong?

Chris

You are doing right, but if you only have the Cedula number and you want to know who this person is. Visit this site.

JCE.DO - Consulta al Padr?n Electoral

It used to have the person's photo before, for any reason they cut it off..

JJ

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
is it now also working with the cedula numbers of expats/residents who are not allowed to vote?
before in that database been only the cedulas for citizens who are allowed to vote.
Mike

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I have the actos de ventas notarizados and certificados, copy of the matriculas and a copy of the cedula of the buyer of each of the vehicles I sold in the past.
Que te parece? Am I ok??

JJ
Get a "descargado" or whathetever they call it
Go to the Court House in POP and have your notirized sales contract validalidated "Third floor" 350.00pesos.
Once that is done, go to the DGII office with the sales contract "validated", a copy of the old matricula, copy of your and the buyers cedula. You will be given a document discharging you from any resposability. 300.00 pesos more. Then they will get on the present owners case to collect the taxes and have him tranfer it into his name.

Reactions: MikeFisher