Ultimate Frisbee in Santo Domingo?

gringodom

Feb 26, 2009
Hey everyone, is there an active group of people playing ultimate frisbee in Santo Domingo?

There is a brand new space perfect for play on the malecon close to the obelisco.

If there is not already an active group I would like to start one open to anyone of any age and gender (but you have to be able to run).

No equipment necessary, not even spikes because we will play on pavement.

Ultimate Frisbee is a fun, fast-paced, low contact sport that can be learned in a day. Great to get some exercise, make some new friends and compete!

first meeting: 5pm thursday may 1 in front of Payless Car Rental on the Malecon, private message me for more details...
:bunny:

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Holy cow!!
Playing ultimate Frisbee on pavement sounds like a really good way to seriously skin some knees, hands, legs; at least the way I've seen it played and played a bit myself.
Great game though, not for the outta shape crowd, thus, my retirement.
Now if I could find a disc golf course somewhere I'd be a happy camper.
PDGA #391X.

voleibolchica

Mar 31, 2009
I'm curious about frisbee golf, too - does anyone know whether there are courses in the DR - specifically Santo Domingo?

Notyourpants

Apr 13, 2009
Oo!
I'll be moving to Santo Domingo late July and am very interested in finding both of these once I arrive!

gringodom

Feb 26, 2009
Pavement is really the best option because most people dont have spikes and running on grass with tennis shoes can be very hazardous...plus you dont fall down much ...it is about the same as playing basketball...see u all at 5pm thursday...

gringodom

Feb 26, 2009
Thanks Robert for the info...but I, like most people I think...am not looking for something so high level, and competitive...just looking for an opportunity to run...dont worry people the level of play will be moderate but competitive so beginners feel welcome...

Ballistic

Apr 29, 2009
gringodom (and any others looking to play Ultimate in Santo Domingo),

you should check out Dominican Ultimate for information on pickup games, leagues and practices. there is something for every level.

your best bet for finding a game is to attend Sundays' pickup at the Practice Soccer Field located inside the Warm-up Track, next to the big Stadium inside Centro Olimpico. games start at 4PM or so. there may be other pickup dates, but you could find out more there.

also, there is practice on Tuesday and Thursday nights at the same spot.