Travel to DR locate a girl

imlosttoo

Apr 27, 2009
I'm not sure if this is the correct location for this post but here is the info. I am planning to travel to Dr and stay for 3 weeks in October to relax, sightsee and enjoy myself. I have traveled extensively throughout europe and america but not in latin america. Where can a caucasian male with no spanish skills stay and not get ripped off (hotel suggestions are apprecited as well as what to see) It goes without saying that I would definately like to meet a local woman (not a pro) to spend some quality time with. I will not be spending too much time in my room so $30-$50 per night is about what I expect to spend although I don't know. If everything turns out ok I plan to return repeatedly as this time is for scouting and hopefully meeting one or more women. Thanks for your help.

KikoPresidente

Mar 20, 2009
Try the North Coast... your budget requests of 30-50/ night can easily be met a different hotels as well as condos in the area. You can find a beautiful woman, just invest a bit in your spanish before you come, it will benefit you ten fold.

Check out...Cabarette, Costambar, Sosua..

ghost722

Jan 14, 2009
Sure, you'll meet beautiful women, but the chances of them being non pros are slim to none. It's not realistic for a guy to come down for a short trip and expect to be able to spend quality time with non pros, and especially with zero spanish skills. Most non putas are not going to put themselves in situations to be perceived as such.

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
Try a dating site

Not that I would do it, but maybe try one of the Latin American dating sites, this way you have a chance to meet albeit on line and know if you have something in common before heading down. They are not perfect but at least it may give you a starting point. Also start learning Spanish, because if you don't know Spanish how do you expect to start a relationship with somebody if you can't at least communicate with them, unless all you want is a sexual relationship, in which case language barrior isn't necessarily a detriment. And if that is the case your original post wouldn't have been an honest one.

Last edited:

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
Rocky,s is the place for you

Where can a Caucasian male with no Spanish skills stay and not get ripped off (hotel suggestions are appreciated as well as what to see) It goes without saying that I would definitely like to meet a local woman (not a pro) to spend some quality time with. I will not be spending too much time in my room so $30-$50 per night is about what I expect to spend

http://www.dr1.com/forums/polls/79452-best-budget-hotel-sos.html#post677194

I'm not sure $30-$50 per night

O M G must have Money to burn :bunny: Room rate: $25 US./night
:bunny: http://www.dr1.com/forums/677194-post9.html
Try the North Coast... your budget requests of 30-50/ night can easily be met a different hotels as well as condos in the area. You can find a beautiful woman, just invest a bit in your spanish before you come, it will benefit you ten fold.

Check out. Sosua..

Rooms - Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
Quite a statement!

If you're looking for street girls. go there.

Puerta plata and soswer are not for meeting nice girls...As far as nice girls go, there are plenty. Just none in Sosua...none in Puert Plata.

Heck of a statement there. Sosua (that's how it is spelled by the way) may be one thing, but Puerta Plata happens to be the third largest city in DR, to say that there are no nice girls there, is a bit insulting and judgemental, don't you think?

Maybe you didn't meet any in your travels, but then again that may say more about the places you tend to frequent when visiting the city; then the city itself.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I think that he knows how to spell Sosua and was being sarcastic. All the Dom-Yorks that I know also say that it is So-Sewer, meaning that the girls there are trash.
SHALENA

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
SKing

I think that he knows how to spell Sosua and was being sarcastic. All the Dom-Yorks that I know also say that it is So-Sewer, meaning that the girls there are trash.
SHALENA

Yeah I know he knows how to spell it correctly too, because he did spell it correctly later in the post, I too was being a bit sarcastic in regards to the Sosua part of the post, really I was addressing his statement in regards to Puerta Plata.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Heck of a statement there. Sosua (that's how it is spelled by the way) may be one thing, but Puerta Plata happens to be the third largest city in DR, to say that there are no nice girls there, is a bit insulting and judgemental, don't you think?

Maybe you didn't meet any in your travels, but then again that may say more about the places you tend to frequent when visiting the city; then the city itself.

There are nice girls in Puerto Plata, but they are either super religious and you would have to date them for a year with the mother present, or they would not go out with a gringo because they do not want to be perceived as a pro.

If he wants to meet a local girl I suggest to go to Santiago or Santo Domingo.

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
There are nice girls in Puerto Plata, but they are either super religious and you would have to date them for a year with the mother present, or they would not go out with a gringo because they do not want to be perceived as a pro.

If he wants to meet a local girl I suggest to go to Santiago or Santo Domingo.

:bunny: There are nice girls in Puerta Plata
I have two sister in law,s there,
:bunny:mother will not present as she live,s in Nagua
they would go out with a gringo
as the other two sister,s are married to gringo.s in the UK

:ermm: two more visa,s Reqd :cheeky:

I'm not sure if this is the correct location for this post but here is the info. I am planning to travel to Dr and stay for 3 weeks in October to relax, sightsee and enjoy myself. I have traveled extensively throughout europe and america but not in latin america. Where can a caucasian male with no spanish skills stay and not get ripped off (hotel suggestions are apprecited as well as what to see) It goes without saying that I would definately like to meet a local woman (not a pro) to spend some quality time with. I will not be spending too much time in my room so $30-$50 per night is about what I expect to spend although I don't know. If everything turns out ok I plan to return repeatedly as this time is for scouting and hopefully meeting one or more women. Thanks for your help.

First off stop fooling yourself because you are fooling noone here,You have no spanish skills but are looking for a good girl? Where in this world are you going to find a good girl if you cant speak the language? Goto Sosua enjoy the beach and all the English,German,Italian etc.. speaking ex pats and tourists.Then take yourself over to Clasicos bar about 10-11 pm and find yourself a nice girl who is trying to make a living for her and her family. Just stop lying to yourself thats what your looking for!!!

Reactions: MikeFisher

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
First off stop fooling yourself because you are fooling noone here,You have no spanish skills but are looking for a good girl? Where in this world are you going to find a good girl if you cant speak the language? Goto Sosua enjoy the beach and all the English,German,Italian etc.. speaking ex pats and tourists.Then take yourself over to Clasicos bar about 10-11 pm and find yourself a nice girl who is trying to make a living for her and her family. Just stop lying to yourself thats what your looking for!!!

I couldn't have said it any better.

Skipperdaddy

May 3, 2009
no bones about it

Never been to DR but I am going the last week of May . flying into Santo Dom, so the question is should I stay in Boca or is that done, or Santo? I am looking to relax, do some drinking and play tag with the chicas. I speak fair espanol and have been to a bunch of banana rep already , as I am a Merchant Sailor, so I kinda know the drill, just looking for the party. Also can anyone recommend some decent " overnight guest" friendly hotels? Thanks alot in advance for any info. Gracias, j

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Never been to DR but I am going the last week of May . flying into Santo Dom, so the question is should I stay in Boca or is that done, or Santo? I am looking to relax, do some drinking and play tag with the chicas. I speak fair espanol and have been to a bunch of banana rep already , as I am a Merchant Sailor, so I kinda know the drill, just looking for the party. Also can anyone recommend some decent " overnight guest" friendly hotels? Thanks alot in advance for any info. Gracias, j

Well Skipperdaddy, if you want the good folks on DR1.com to take you seriously and treat you with respect there are some things you need to know and practice. The first is to use the proper place names - Santo Domingo, Boca Chica otherwise no one will know what you are talking about and you'll be ignored at best, otherwise berated until you wish you'd never posted.

Also people who live here, whether native-born or expatriates, do not take kindly to the Dominican Republic being referred to or alluded to as a banana republic.

So Brother Skippy, tread softly. As a merchant seaman you may think you know the drill, but as one who spends a lot of his working week bailing out merchant seamen who have got themselves drilled here and regularly sending them home to their loved ones in boxes care of Blandino and the morgue, I can tell you that the right attitude can save you, and those dear to you, a lot of grief.

As for recommendations for chica friendly establishments, I suggest you use the SEARCH function on the forum using the keyword "friendly" and you'll get enough reading material to serve your needs without having to bother anyone else.

Good luck and enjoy your visit.

Bryan

Reactions: MikeFisher

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Well Skipperdaddy, if you want the good folks on DR1.com to take you seriously and treat you with respect there are some things you need to know and practice. The first is to use the proper place names - Santo Domingo, Boca Chica otherwise no one will know what you are talking about and you'll be ignored at best, otherwise berated until you wish you'd never posted.

Also people who live here, whether native-born or expatriates, do not take kindly to the Dominican Republic being referred to or alluded to as a banana republic.

So Brother Skippy, tread softly. As a merchant seaman you may think you know the drill, but as one who spends a lot of his working week bailing out merchant seamen who have got themselves drilled here and regularly sending them home to their loved ones in boxes care of Blandino and the morgue, I can tell you that the right attitude can save you, and those dear to you, a lot of grief.

As for recommendations for chica friendly establishments, I suggest you use the SEARCH function on the forum using the keyword "friendly" and you'll get enough reading material to serve your needs without having to bother anyone else.

Bryan

It is a Republic with lots of bananas. Ergo Banana republic. It also fits the bill in terms of its mock political system, nepotism, corruption and its leader's aspirations to the world stage. Almost all the expats and most of the locals I know laugh at the country's political system in between bouts of sheer frustration.

His questions are not unusual as many tourists come here to get laid and to lay on a beach - amongst other things, that is what the D.R. is famous for.
People refer to Boca Chica as B.C. and Santo Domingo as S.D. on this forum all the time.

Apart from that you are right.

But can we not just ask about hotels that allow you to bring prostitutes back with you at no extra charge?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

love this post

Bryan

good advice,
should be a sticky for newbies.
and sooo true

It is a Republic with lots of bananas. Ergo Banana republic. It also fits the bill in terms of its mock political system, nepotism, corruption and its leader's aspirations to the world stage. Almost all the expats and most of the locals I know laugh at the country's political system in between bouts of sheer frustration.

His questions are not unusual as many tourists come here to get laid and to lay on a beach - amongst other things, that is what the D.R. is famous for.
People refer to Boca Chica as B.C. and Santo Domingo as S.D. on this forum all the time.

Apart from that you are right.

But can we not just ask about hotels that allow you to bring prostitutes back with you at no extra charge?

hey buddy,
does that mean you pay only for the room and girlies brought back are on no extra charge?
he he,
wanna get a full list of establishments to my PM, pleeeease, will tell the Mrs i have to do a 3 months roundtrip throu the Isle to check out some new kinda excursion or such, lol
i disagree with the statement Banana Republic,
it's not the way to make friends to get answers to Q's.
absolutely agree on the rest, yeap, guys and gals come over to the Isle to find a parttime better half, nothing wrong with such in my eyes, OP's should just be honest when asking and the answers would be there.

No more free SPAM for this poster. - Gregg Mod.

come on Alexander Perez,
how much more free advertising you think Robert will allow ya?
been reading also the other 4 posts of ya,
stop that BS or buy an AD.

to the OP:
i guess(and can be completely wrong of course, apologize in that case) you meant what other's supposed to read between the lines, so stick with the mayor tourist areas, the Lads are there and you'll find enough who even speak some 'enough' english. rooms/hotels/motels/B&B's/Caba?as are plentiful available throuout the Island for that.
to meet a serious non pro dominican girl to date learn spanish first, settle down in a area and start to live there, start to know the people of the barrios, and you will start to know the girls, but even then you will have a hard time to get the differences.
as a parttime visitor:
stick with the coasts, any of the 3 coastlines, and don't fool yourself by telling yourself 'she's in love with ya' or you are in love with her.
jut make love.
life is good
good luck
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

auraesther

Mar 21, 2009
Wow! I wonder how the girls in those places would feel if they could read how they are perceived! That's not nice!
There are good girls and bad girls everywhere! Here in the States and throughout the whole world...
I think the person starting the thread is looking for easy girls though...He doesn't have to go too far to find them...Look around you, good and bad is everywhere.

Feb 15, 2005

Check out...Cabarette, Costambar, Sosua..

Costambar? I thought that was a primarily European community? What local girls are there?