dominicana- gringo stateside

TexasGringo

Apr 27, 2009
Hello all.

I'm a gringo stateside and i've recently began dating a dominicana for a few months now.

trying to get some advice and make sure she's on the up and up (ie not looking for money, etc from me) even tho i'm convinced she's totally in this with me for the right reasons...

1- She's already got her residency (been here 5 years)
2- i speak some spanish and her english is pretty decent
3- is college educated in DR
4- family seems to come from middle class- perhaps upper middle
5- i can dance latin music well- bachata, merengue, reggaeton
6- i am currently unemployed and drive a POS car
7- i'm college educated with an advanced degree and make good money when i work
8- she gets fiercely jealous and possessive of any female that looks in my direction or even talks to me- almost had a fit when a dominicana came up to me at a dominican get together and tried to greet me with a hug and kiss on the cheek
9- we spend a lot of time together and she wants me to visit DR with her when she takes her kids to her family for the summer
10- wants me to stay with her in her place when they are gone (2 months)
11- the only thing i've ever bought her other than dinner and movies from time to time (she even pays for dinner and other entertainment too) is a bouquet of flowers one time which she woke up to when she stayed over one time
12- there are zero intimacy issues and we are close to the same age (late 30s)
13- she cooks even at my house and does my dishes and has cleaned my clothes and house a few times as well

i have always been a guy that when i'm kicking it with a girl that we seem to hang out 24/7.

probably more to the story than this- however I wanna be sure that aside from being a complete puto and treating her like a complete pendeja that I am treating her the way a dominicana expects to be treated.

So as a gringo that has a typical gringo upbringing- what do these women want and expect??

How macho should I be to her?

I know these are some cultural differences and I want to bridge the gap between these differences so we both feel like we are enjoying each other as much as possible...

I know all women are different- but I wanna hear some different points of view here and some heavy dominican points of view please.

Thanks...

TexasGringo

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Well it doesn't sound like she's with for the money as you are unemployed. She's not with you for a visa, since she already has one...so treat her like you'd treat any other woman here in The US. Don't be a pu$$y as Dominican girls don't like a sissy of a man, but don't need to be a d$ck to her either...

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
Texas Gringo

Listen I am sure there are many here that will have different opinions, but I think you are thinking to hard here, and are looking for problems where none exists. She sounds like a wonderful person and I believe you should go with that, unless she gives you a reason to think otherwise. You've met her in the US and she obviously functions well in that atmosphere. Just because she is a Dominicana doesn't mean she has some ulterior motives to be with you, any different from any other woman you would have met and fell in love with from where you are from. As far as treatment treat her just like you would treat somebody else that you met, she is a woman treat her like one, sure you come from different cultures, but her feelings are for you or so it seems not for something else. Probably if she wanted to be treated like a Dominican man would treat her she never would have left in the first place.

I am separated now, but I married a Dominicana that I met in NY (she lived there many years before we met), and she wasn't after anything besides a relationship, just like any other woman. Although we are separated I consider her a very good friend, in our case there probably more reason for us to stay civil towards each other because we have a child together.

Again don't treat her any differently than any other woman, good luck in your relationship.

TexasGringo

Apr 27, 2009
Well I really have not examined my relationship with her at all.

Typically when I date a girl- I go full bore with her till she gives me reason not to or I give her a reason to not be in it with me.

I have posted on here out of curiousity to how Dominicanas expect to be treated which might differ from our Gringo Americanized culture.

She is no doubt a great girl and we seem to really enjoy the sh!t outta each other.

I'm completely different than any other guy she's ever dated and in many ways she's very different than any girl I've ever dated.

I appreciate any and all responses even if its ones to tell me I'm a moron and should just enjoy how things are and run with it...

lorenzocast

Apr 19, 2009
Ok most dominican chicks are pretty jealous, for example my girl, last time i was in dom. rep. i couldnt even go inside the beach with her cause there was a bunch of girls, plus most dominican girls no exactly what they want, and most dominican girls like to be treated con mucho carino aka alot of love. Its looks like you got a keeper.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i would just have a normal US relationship and forget what you know about relationships in the DR.

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
...sigh...

Since I am sure you are a grown man, you dont need to be told how to handle yourself in a relationship correct?

be yourself, respect each other, and ENJOY.

Us dominican women want what ever other woman wants, Love, Affection, Respect, and to have a some fun!

DATING 101.....

good sex is always a plus. but thats a given.....

TexasGringo

Apr 27, 2009
lalla- yes I am a grown man.

i know how to conduct myself in a relationship...

however - seems that there are cultural differences in how relationships are in the states vs DR.

i mean i hear all these stories that dominicanos even when married follow their cocks around like a dog in heat and it is accepted in DR and that is not accepted (even tho it happens) here stateside.

love, affection, respect (seems lacking from what i hear about dominicanos) and of course great sex are a given for me and that's all there.

cultural differences is what i'm seeking to learn to bridge the gap on from outside sources.

ex-
here in the states- virtually no girl would ever hang around with a dude that demands he cook, clean and take care of his household duties when she has her own house to take care of but this seems to be a norm for dominicanos...

TexasGringo

Apr 27, 2009
thx Kyle...i'm not really worried- i've enjoyed just about every minute of our time together as one should in any new burgeoning relationship.

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
lalla- yes I am a grown man.

i know how to conduct myself in a relationship...

however - seems that there are cultural differences in how relationships are in the states vs DR.

i mean i hear all these stories that dominicanos even when married follow their cocks around like a dog in heat and it is accepted in DR and that is not accepted (even tho it happens) here stateside.

love, affection, respect (seems lacking from what i hear about dominicanos) and of course great sex are a given for me and that's all there.

cultural differences is what i'm seeking to learn to bridge the gap on from outside sources.

ex-
here in the states- virtually no girl would ever hang around with a dude that demands he cook, clean and take care of his household duties when she has her own house to take care of but this seems to be a norm for dominicanos...

Regardless of our culture, or how we are bought up, at the end of the day, she is an individual. ASK HER outright (if you are that far along) the things that she likes, doesnt like, expectations etc.

Its not always good to assume that simply becuase she is dominican that she might necesarily agree with the over all mentality or way that we are "taught" to be.

Open and honest dialogue. !

Reactions: AnnaC

swtness

Apr 16, 2009
It sounds like she is a keeper, Just remember just because Dominican are brought up to take care of house and hubby doesn't mean it should be taken for granted. Women like appreciation. But here is the big question are you in love? It makes a big difference on what you do next. Just ask her she seems like she is just as into you. Your thinking about this waaayy to much. Just let nature take it's course.

Swtness

TexasGringo

Apr 27, 2009
i do agree that women like appreciation just as us guys love appreciated...

am i in love? not yet- because we just met a few short months ago and my heart is still a bit jaded from the last 2 times i fell in love...so i have told her i will take my time and not rush into something and ask her her to marry me within 3 months of us dating...

i've made that mistake before...wont' do it again!!

swtness

Apr 16, 2009
Good thinking

Good thinking if it is ment to be it will definatly stand the test of time, That is the biggest test of all anyway, if she stands by your side through thick and thin.

Swtness