Best pizza

Norteman

Dec 15, 2008
Where are the best pizza places in SD? and whats a ball park price?

I am not impressed with pizza hut

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Pizzarelli isn't so bad. There is one on the SDQ Malecon, but they are others scattered around also.

Tell them to cook the pizza well done. I don't know if you like corn on your pizza. I sure don't. But they will add it to your pizza so tell them not to.

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
Zona Colonial

There are a few decent pizza places on el conde in zona colonial they have at least 5 different spots for pizza. As a matter of fact there is one about half way through the el conde that is relatively new open about a month and a half that is pretty good. Also I had pizza in one of the restaurants (sorry can't recall the name) on the So. Side of el conde between Isabella Catolica and Las Damas that was pretty good.

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
Zona Colonial

There are a few decent pizza places on el conde in zona colonial they have at least 5 different spots for pizza. As a matter of fact there is one about half way through the el conde that is relatively new open about a month and a half that is pretty good. Also I had pizza in one of the restaurants (sorry can't recall the name) on the So. Side of el conde between Isabella Catolica and Las Damas that was pretty good.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Pizarelli is the best we have to offer in the DR right now. Not NYC type pizza but a very eatable one.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
THe best pizza I've had in DR was at the German place at the main plaza in Boca CHica. Not NYC pizza...but perty darn good. THere was also a brick oven place for a couple of years.

Both are gone. I've seen some so-so places on el conde.

but nothing...NOTHING beats a pie at Lombardis on Spring & Mott in NYC.

Look and DROOL!!!

oh...this one runs about 18 USD

lombardisbb0.jpg

Last edited:

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
correction...18 is for a plain pizza..the one in the photo is with 2 toppings at $2 a piece...plus free fresh garlic. Plus i'll ususally share a salad and we both get a beer....it ends up to being about 50 bucks with tip for 2. Pricey...but good good good!!!!

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
PriceSmart. As crazy as it sounds is pretty good for New York style pizza. RD$380 or an 18" pizza (Pepperoni or Deluxe). Much better than any of the chains in the DR, imo.

They also have the best fried chicken in the country. Southern style. Big healthy chickens, perfectly fried to crispiness and the flavor of their seasoning is amazing.

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
Papa Johns is Papa Johns. I'll take a PriceSmart pepperoni over a Papa Johns any day. My .02...again.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
They also have the best fried chicken in the country. Southern style. Big healthy chickens, perfectly fried to crispiness and the flavor of their seasoning is amazing.

Read this and went to PriceSmart to give the fried chicken a try. Close to the worst fried chicken ive eaten in this country, second to only Pollo Victroina...

Any Pica Pollo chino that ive tried here puts that pricesmart chicken to shame. Expensive too... 135 for 2 pieces, drink and fries (which were also horrible).

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
Shocking. I can't imagine what could have gone so wrong. Everyone I know who's tried oit has had the opposite experience.

I agree Victorina is dog****. But worse than ANY chino pica pollo? Wow, wow, wow! I never order it in combo because I know their fries blow and their drink bar is watered down (I don't drink soda). I just order the 10 piece buckets fresh and take them to go (Beach, house, park, etc) , maybe that's the difference? Sorry. Come to the get-together next Saturday, I'll bring some and we'll give I a second chance.

P.S. I don't particularly love PriceSmart and absolutely have no affiliation with them.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
pizza hut el conde

Personally i like the pizzas on the Pizza Hut (el conde), the pizzas are better
there !

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Shocking. I can't imagine what could have gone so wrong. Everyone I know who's tried oit has had the opposite experience.

I agree Victorina is dog****. But worse than ANY chino pica pollo? Wow, wow, wow! I never order it in combo because I know their fries blow and their drink bar is watered down (I don't drink soda). I just order the 10 piece buckets fresh and take them to go (Beach, house, park, etc) , maybe that's the difference? Sorry. Come to the get-together next Saturday, I'll bring some and we'll give I a second chance.

P.S. I don't particularly love PriceSmart and absolutely have no affiliation with them.

Probably would have been much better if they were just fried. Didnt seem like the chicken was sitting out that long, was still warm but the taste wasnt all that great. Will get them to fry up my next order fresh to give them another try.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Why does Pizzarelli insist on building a pool of tomatos and water in the center of every pizza I order from them??? That's where they mess it up... if it wasnt for that, they would make a apretty decent pizza.