Urgent! Boxer needs home!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Sadly I need to find a new home for my puppy Mia; she?s a one year old playful boxer. Mia came back last night from spending 3 weeks at the vet being treated for skin fungus; the vet came to the conclusion that she gets sick from something she eats in my yard (we have many fruit trees) in one day she can eat at least 10 mangos if not more and some other plants and fruits we have falling from trees. I also have some neighbors on the other side of the wall that believe they are still in the campo and will dump whatever garbage on my side and puppy will either eat or chew on whatever she finds: chewing on a razors, chewing on broken glass?etc? Lucy, her mom also leaves with us and she?s such a good mom that she still eats her poop which I think could be dangerous. Those are some of the reasons why I need to get her out of my yard urgently; away from danger. I made a promise to my daughter that I would only give her up if it was to someone will take very good care of her. So if you can offer Mia a safe loving home, please contact me. I only have pictures at home so tonight I will post some!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Well...Im interested...I love boxers and have been thinking of getting a dog. I'm in Cabarete but may be in the capital within a week or so...if so and she's still loooking for a home, I'd love to meet her :)

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
I have a boxer and can tell you that they're excellent dogs. Very friendly, always up for a romp, but never needy and above all, great with kids. If anyone is looking for a dog for down here, boxers are the way to go.

Good luck placing her!

Joe

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Great to hear DavidZ! I want to get her out as soon as possible...already this morning she had her lips full of mango and I'm afraid she will get sick again. Not easy to control during mango season!
Yes boxers are probably the best dogs I know! When I first started to research the different breeds and was looking for the greatest dog for kids, guard dog, good behavior, etc... it always came back to Boxers!

audreycabarete

Apr 28, 2009
Hi Juanita,

Wait before giving your boxer away. I have a boxer puppy as well. She is 2 now and had exactly the same symptoms that yours. We brought her to a first wet and he told us the same things. That she is spending too much time in the garden (we have a huge garden, with mango trees btw) and the grass or other plants are giving her a rash. Also that there are some spider in the grass that stunt her.....etc. In the end he told her to keep her in and that it is going away.
After one month, it did not go away.
So I went back to the vet whop was in vacation. I went to see another wet (who is btw our vet now) and he explain me that it is pretty current on dog (especially puppies) in the humid climate.
He gave her a shoot and 1 week later, he hairs started growing again. Since we give her this injection every 3 months and our dog's hair are super shinny.
Do not give away your boxer, this hair problem is really nothing.
Please contact me if you need some more informations. I will call my vet and ask him for the name of this injection.
Apparently it is pretty current here.
Best Regards,
Audrey

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Sorry I can't help with the adoption because I have my hands full with my Chow Chow. I would like to comment on Boxers.

When I lived in New Mexico and would bring my Blue Heeler to my Vet, the Vet would often praise the Boxer breed as the only breed that had never bit him.

My next dog is a Boxer no doubt.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
3484906626_f87b25ea78.jpg

3484907140_b8a42f63b2.jpg

3484093103_6603a1f98c.jpg

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Audrey, they are many more reasons why I think she would be much better in a new home, but thank you for the information. I had also found information on the web about puppies being more susceptible to skin problems.

purplesoni

Apr 9, 2009
Boxer

I would like to take the boxer, problem is I am living in Cabarete and don't go to often to Santo Domingo..I already have 3 other dogs.