EDESUR, Incompetence Gone Wild!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's not often I vent about some of the things that happen here, maybe it's because I have adjusted or just blind to some of the BS. Who knows?

Now and again, somethings just tip you over the edge :)

3 days ago the breaker next to my electric meter went bad, great, no electric. Normally this wouldn't pose a problem, just switch out the breaker, fixed!

The problem is, my apartment building has an all metal cabinet on the outside for the meters and EDESUR has the key to gain access. No problem, call EDESUR and get them to open the enclosure, change the breaker, easy right?

In the past 3 days, they have been 4 times, sent 3 different crews and all left for the same reason, no key! This is despite many reassurances, from various people in the know at EDESUR that the next crew they send out knows about the key issue and has one to open cabinet.

Not for nothing, but can you really be that incompetent EDESUR?

I wish my bill was due, then at least I know they will be on my door step the next day with a key in hand, ready to open the meter cabinet and cut my power.

Anyone want some defrosted chicken?

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
This must be a "straw that broke the camels back" type of situation. Other than that, it would appear to be Dominican business as usual:ermm:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Just use a "UNIVERSAL KEY" Robert...........

Either a sledge hammer or a 1/4 inch drill bit!!!!!​

BF1

Dec 7, 2007
www.aplatanados.com
Last year I had the same problem with the Edesur cabinet, the cabinet they built in MY building without permisssion, after a few calls I took my old trusty grinder and cut the lock!
The next day, I wrote a letter to Edesur to let them know that the cabinet was open and I wouldn't be responsible from then on. They just sent a brigade to fix it two weeks later.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Most any half baked wannabe electrician will have or know somebody with a rigged key to most boxes. Call one of these guys, and offer to buy the breaker from him INSTALLED. They will find a way to crack that thing wide open, just to sell you the breaker. Just don't pay a chele until it's in there and working.

... J-D.

Reactions: AlterEgo

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
They have until 4pm, then the admin of the building will bust open the cabinet. Let's see what happens :)

BF1

Dec 7, 2007
www.aplatanados.com
just remember to write a letter tomorrow informing them and have it received with stamp and a sign so they will not accuse you and all the other apartment of stealing electricity for a month.
Don't say you opened the cabinet, just say "it is open".
If you need it, PM me for the letter I wrote last year. It worked for me.