Only nine more posts........

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
..........and I'm GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it only took me 7 years. A lot of folks have come and gone in the last 7 years but I have to say, all in all, I've met and become friends with a lot of good folks via DR1. There's always been a lot of nonsense on the forums but there's always been a few nuggets of gold and that's what keeps me around. Thanks Robert and thanks DR1.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
..........and I'm GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it only took me 7 years. A lot of folks have come and gone in the last 7 years but I have to say, all in all, I've met and become friends with a lot of good folks via DR1. There's always been a lot of nonsense on the forums but there's always been a few nuggets of gold and that's what keeps me around. Thanks Robert and thanks DR1.

Well, you are certainly a friend of ours and, if you feel the same way, please post and then you will only have 6 to go!!!! We are getting married later in the year (probably October) so do let us know if you will be here and we will send you an invitation.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Well, you are certainly a friend of ours and, if you feel the same way, please post and then you will only have 6 to go!!!! We are getting married later in the year (probably October) so do let us know if you will be here and we will send you an invitation.
Thank you Shirley, we would be honored to be invited and that would be all the reason we'd need to be there in October.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Just realised I made an error on the numbers - 9 to go and 7 years.... sorry about that but it means you still have 8 to go...... please PM me your email address and when the date is fixed I will send a proper invitation.

appleman

Dec 18, 2003

Hey Tom,

Glad to hear you are still around. We haven?t seen you or Mary in a few years. Last time we talked you bought a ?finca? up in the hills between Sosua and Cabarete. Have you developed it or built a permanent house to live there yet? The last few times we visited the DR we went to Las Terrenas instead of the north coast, so we were not able to look you up.

I have been on DR1 for 7 years as well, and even though I don?t post a lot, I sure use the knowledge and information gained here whenever we visit. I hope we get you see you again on one of our future trips. You certainly are one of those gold nuggets on this board and in person and now your profile will tell everyone that you are GOLD!

Bob H

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Whirleybird

Not to get off topic....but congratulations and best wishes on getting married. Bravo for you! Only the best.

Regards
Ro

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

Congratulations, and it only took you 7 years to do it. Be sure you get those 7 in by the end of 2009 or you won't get the prize for reaching gold status :cheeky:

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Just to let you know you and Mary have always been Gold in our books. We miss you two and hope you are back for a trip soon

Bob K

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Just realised I made an error on the numbers - 9 to go and 7 years.... sorry about that but it means you still have 8 to go...... please PM me your email address and when the date is fixed I will send a proper invitation.

Math was never my strong suit either;) email address has been PM'd

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Hey Tom,

Glad to hear you are still around. We haven?t seen you or Mary in a few years. Last time we talked you bought a ?finca? up in the hills between Sosua and Cabarete. Have you developed it or built a permanent house to live there yet? The last few times we visited the DR we went to Las Terrenas instead of the north coast, so we were not able to look you up.

I have been on DR1 for 7 years as well, and even though I don?t post a lot, I sure use the knowledge and information gained here whenever we visit. I hope we get you see you again on one of our future trips. You certainly are one of those gold nuggets on this board and in person and now your profile will tell everyone that you are GOLD!

Bob H
Hey Bob, it's been a very long time. Glad to hear you're still hanging out in the DR from time to time. We did do a subdivision of the finca and sold about 1/3 of it early this year. We did reserve a big ocean view lot for ourselves but will hold off on building until constuction prices properly adjust. You'll have to let us know if you ever make it back over to the Cabarete area.