When to move

brightonsunseeker

Nov 22, 2008
Hi,
We are planning to take a package holiday for 2 weeks to Costa Dorada but not returning. Instead , we will look for a place to rent and then a place to buy and seek temporary then full residency as explained in the Forum.
BUT WHEN?

We could come the first weeks of July but it's been suggested that this is a busy period in DR and that if we left it until late August there maybe more properties to rent for 6 months to 1 year period.

Every dollar we spend on renting the less we will have for buying, so we are looking to live cost effectively in Pop / Sousa area.

Any suggestions please? When is the best time to come out and where to go first after relaxing for the first week?

Also, can anyone recommend a company in the UK to store then ship personal effects to DR? I've read as many articles as I can with one suggestion that I should not bring effects out, but I have great difficulty leaving all the books I've collected over they years and need them for reference and enjoyment.

The forum has been of great help in helping us to decide to move.
brightonsunseeker

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Hi,
We are planning to take a package holiday for 2 weeks to Costa Dorada but not returning. Instead , we will look for a place to rent and then a place to buy and seek temporary then full residency as explained in the Forum.
BUT WHEN?

We could come the first weeks of July but it's been suggested that this is a busy period in DR and that if we left it until late August there maybe more properties to rent for 6 months to 1 year period.

Every dollar we spend on renting the less we will have for buying, so we are looking to live cost effectively in Pop / Sousa area.

Welcome to DR1! :)

There won't be much difference between July & August in the availability of rental properties. The snowbirds from North America arrive in their winter (November through to Feb/March) so there is more pressure on rental properties then, but I can't see you having a problem in finding somewhere to rent. Don't be in a rush to buy a property; every dollar you spend on renting is miniscule compared with the outlay for purchasing. I'm going to assume that this trip will not be your first visit & that you have been here a number of times, is that correct? Brighton as in Sussex?

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
I've sent you a private message

Best time to come? Last minute! I've checked Jet Air flights to Puerto Plata and today 1st May they are offering a one-way flight Brussels - Puerto Plata on the 4th of May for 149 Euros and that my friends is flippin' cheap.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
More (good) News

Anyone looking to get out of here and eat cheese / snails / chocolate / pate and truffles washed down with gallons of quality wine might like to go back to Belgium on Monday for 199 Euros.