RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Beach in Juan Dolio

15y896s.jpg

Matilda

Reactions: AlaninDR

crisgu

Apr 30, 2009
There are sooo many....Playa Grande, Playa Diamante, Playa Rinc?n, Playa del Valle.....

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Playa Palenque

I personally favor Playa Palenque/Playa Cocolandia in San Cristobal, west of Santo Domingo. It's quiet, few tourists, nice views. Two gated developements are coming in there, and a couple of new hotels on the beach are planned (one a spa by Italians, one by Dominicans) - I don't know what it change, hopefully not too much.

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
Playa arroya pallita

PlayaArroya-1.jpg

? About 30 mins from NAGUA to wards caberera when it is ??? hot in the sea, go in the river to cool down
you also see the children jumping off the bridge
a nice quite beach also sell fish there ;)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
PlayaArroya-1.jpg

? About 30 mins from NAGUA to wards caberera when it is ??? hot in the sea, go in the river to cool down
Isn't that La Entrada?

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
PlayaArroya-1.jpg

That's Arroyo Salado, I was there in Easter Week (holy week in the DR). Fabulous beach but not the best one.

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
The one i like best is past punta russia direction POP
The road goes inland and when you pass over a hill you see this magnificent bay with little mangrove and makeshift restaurants.
It's my only stop at the beach when i go to the RD.
Una fria
Pescado con platano y yucca
and friends

Life can be beautifull

Johan

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
...if you want the beautiful wide, long white sand beaches, go to Punta Cana/Bavaro...

My overall favorites are Playa Grande, Bahia Las Aguilas, Playa Rincon (more for the view as you head there than the beach itself), and of course, Cabarete. I think the most "fun" beach is the main beach in Sosua...its a protected bay so the water's usually calm, great for swimming or snorkeling, there are almost always lots of people, and tons of little restaurants, bars, gift shops...some find it "tacky", a little run down, or too touristy, but it's an experience and full of life...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The one i like best is past punta russia direction POP
The road goes inland and when you pass over a hill you see this magnificent bay with little mangrove and makeshift restaurants.
It's my only stop at the beach when i go to the RD.
Una fria
Pescado con platano y yucca
and friends

Life can be beautifull

Johan

La Ensenada

standard.jpg