Selling/Buying Real Motorcycles

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
We are thinking about selling 2 (of our 12) 2008 Suzuki V-Strom DL650's, and buying 2-4 250cc dirt bikes to broaden our tour offerings.

Can anyone suggest the best way to buy and sell used bikes in the DR? In the states there are multiple sources like Cycle Trader and Craigslist. Here there is supercarros.com, but they doesn't have a specific area for bikes.

Suggestions appreciated. If you're possibly interested in a like-new V-Strom, drop me a note.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Interested, oh yeah! But that's it!!! Wife would kill me for even thinking of it!!

There are two excellent places: Plaza Libre in the Diario Libre and the Clasificados of the Listin Diario. These are, by far, the two most widely perused classifieds in the DR.

Both papers have offices here in Santiago. the Listin is up on Sol Street, close to the last light on the right hand side in a house that looks so foreign you just know it was built by some European...and it was!!

The Diario Libre is in La Zurza on the first street to the left as you go down the street that crosses in front of the Monumento....
It is on the right.

HB

SH6811

Oct 24, 2005
Hi,

On the Internet, MercadoLibre.com.do DR has an area to sell bikes...as well as Mundoanuncio.com...

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
If I could sell the bike I have, I would scarf up one of these in an instant. Sweet ride and definitely suited to local conditions. Are you still treating them as newly-born puppies, as usual?

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
I've seen tons of bikes being sold on the Billboard at Supermaco Playero in Sosua and also advertised on the "adscene" paper in the North Coast. You could easily place a photo on a sheet of paper with your info and have someone place it up for you. Maybe other supermarkets in the North Coast have a similar popular billboard.

This will open you up to the very large expat community in the North Coast.