mangos

drgringo

Apr 25, 2009
Anyone know of what the best mangos are in SD and where to buy them.

i had a stringy one from a groery store that was not so great and i love mangos.

Is this the norm here, or do they get better?

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Anyone know of what the best mangos are in SD and where to buy them.

i had a stringy one from a groery store that was not so great and i love mangos.

Is this the norm here, or do they get better?

It's not even Mango time. Just sit and wait. July, August and september are prime for Mangos.

RossW

Jun 21, 2007
www.MovingtoDR.com
My personal favorites are the Mangos de Libra, but Stodgord is right you need to wait at least a couple weeks.

Once Mango season gets rolling you'll be able to buy them just about anywhere.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
the best mangos are mangos banilejos. not time yet.
you will see a lot of them anywhere starting in june.
the best place to buy them are on the road to san cristobal, bani.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I guess everyone has their favorite, mine is the one we call 'mameye prieto'.....mmmmmm round medium size delicious mango.

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
mangoes

Ive had great luck scoring mangoes in boca chica especially in late spring. I ran into the same issue a few years back in santiago, but we took a visit to boca chica and found the mangoe man right on the beach...

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Mangos

Tree in the back yard is getting ready to start dropping. should be next week. yum yum

Tropicdude

May 26, 2009
Mango Festival

Ok folks if you love mangoes, and want to try out all the different varieties, maybe even buy some mango trees, you cant miss the Mango Festival in Bani, Starting the 17th and ending the 21st ( June ). In the main park.

Ill see you there.

My Favorite variety is the Palmer, large fruit small seeds, smooth flesh, not super sweet. My wife like "Fabrico" similar to Madam France, youll find all varieties there.

BTW as of this post mangos "Banilejos" are now in season, these are smaller in size "peach sized", these are much sought after.

Keith is the kind you most see in American store, its a large fruited variety with smooth fruit.