Codetel: "It's Our Problem"

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
We have been dealing with Codetel for several months now on our DSL problems. We have the 1.5m/768k package to support our www and phone needs.

About 4 months ago we started suffering significant drop in speed and frustrating DNS problems. Using the Codetel test, speeds have hovered around 200k down/500k up after 5pm.

Technicians have been out 6 times with always the same "plan": wire directly into the modem, speeds are fine, there is no problem. BUT IT ONLY HAPPENS AT NITE!!!

We keep telling them the problem exists within ~their~ system.

Finally after calling in a favor, a tech supervisor came by at nite. Lo and Behold, he saw 200k speeds no matter how much tweaking he did! An order went out to look into their systems.

This morning we received a call. Seems their local equipment is old and cannot handle the web traffic at nite when folks come home from work. :eek: What a shock!!!

Supposedly an order has been placed for new equipment and should arrive in a week. Give them 2 weeks to install and test.

OK. Right.

We'll see...

Feb 7, 2007
24 hour service promised. That must mean within three 8 hour normal work days not including weekends or holidays.

You've nailed it. It IS in fact 3 working days, it's "veintycuatro horas laborables" what they tell you... sometimes they omit the second part, but IT IS like that.

oldislandman

Sep 1, 2002
Good Luck

getting any satisfaction from Codetel. I placed an order for a phone and the internet on Nov 17, 2008. I was told they would complete the order in 5 working days. When I contacted them after waiting 2 months, I was told that the computer cancelled the order because too much time had expired since the order was placed. I activated the order and was told again that it would be taken care of in 5 working days. I had to return to the states in the begining of April and--you guessed it, no phone or internet. I am sure that the system cancelled the order again. Maybe when I return to DR in August, I can try activating the order for the 3rd time!

goodvin

Jul 23, 2007
You all forgot about one thing - you are in Dominican Republic, where customers always have to PAY and never ask for and expect quality. Because dominicans do not know what does mean QUALITY.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I have the same bandwith as Cobraboy and the problems exist during the day as well.

What is aggravating, is when it is 2 am and I can't watch " Voyage to The Bottom Of The Sea " without interuption

Nothing but problems...lol