Any public Swimming pools in Santiago?

Spec Ed Teacher

Apr 21, 2009
I have been reading everything I can think of here on the forums and enjoy being able to find out so much prior to our move. We are moving to Santiago Aug 1.
Although I have done many searches here I have not found much about swimming pools except that there don't seem to be many!
I have seen the posts about Kaskada Water park and looked up their website. However, really all I want is to be able to access a public pool that my kids can swim in just for fun, maybe swim a few laps. I would love to have something where we can have a membership and go whenever we can. Is there anything like this in Santiago?
Our house is slightly southeast of Quintas De Rincon Largo and something close by would be even better as I am not sure how long it will be before we can manage to buy a vehicle!

I know I may be dreaming but - thought I would give it a try!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You should go over to the PUCMM, go to the Centro de Estudiantes, register your children for swimming classes and see what there is for your self...It is not public, but you can go swimming there after registration and a medical check up...

HB

Spec Ed Teacher

Apr 21, 2009
Thank-you so much HB! We saw that pool on Google but couldn't find info on whether the public was allowed in. According to Google it is about .75km (as the crow fly's!) from where we will live. Our 10 yr old takes lessons here every yr - although our 16 yr old is done here in Canada and the 14 yr old is working on finishing his levels for lifeguard - would they offer all those there do you know?
Here he took Bronze medallion, next is Bronze Cross and then the Red Cross Lifesaving Certification - do they have the same or something similar?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
They do not offer courses that I know of....they do have some competition meets, however.

The Club de Conductores is located kind of far awayfrom where you will be living.

Do yourself a favor and do not try to do everything before you get here.. Seems like a typical trait but it never works out like it should here in the tropics.

HB

ada

Feb 2, 2005
you can also look into Club Amaprosan. It?s not as fancy as Centro Espa?ol but it has a nice pool, membership is not too expensive and they offer obviously,swimming (their team is really good), but also tennis, baseball, basketball. We are a member and are pretty happy there. PM if you want more specific info.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Before you get a subscription with one of the above recommendations you can try Hotel Matum swimming pool, they charge a flat daily rate for it uses.

JJ