Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Drastic rise in Codetel charges!

Has anyone else paid their Codetel bill in the past few days? I paid ours this morning. Our daughter was here a couple of weeks ago for a visit and called everyone in the world so we knew the bill would be higher. This is our home phone-not cell phone. After checking on past bills-here's the result:

A call to Ohio in October 2008-at 10:38 AM-82.24 minutes long(my wife's best friend- $119.48 for a per minute charge of 1.45 pesos per minute.

Same call on March 24 at 11:07 AM is now 5.75 pesos per minute!

Substancial increase, to say the least. I'll check this week at the Codetel office in town and see what I can find out.

Rick

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

They don't even have my bill ready which was supposed to be available April 15th

I don't care if the phone rates go up but if the internet rates go up I will not be pleased but.

This rate increase may have something to do with with no invoice being available

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Syork View Post
    ...... A call to Ohio in October 2008-at 10:38 AM-82.24 minutes long(my wife's best friend- $119.48 for a per minute charge of 1.45 pesos per minute.

Same call on March 24 at 11:07 AM is now 5.75 pesos per minute!

Rick
    There may have been a special going on at the time of the first call.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoDR View Post
    There may have been a special going on at the time of the first call.
    That sounds right. A rate of 1.45 pesos per minute to the US was probably a discounted rate.

The rate of 5.75 pesos per minute sounds normal.

OP, do what Dominicans do. Put a lock on the phone.
    Last edited by Celt202; 05-06-2009 at 07:19 AM. Reason: kelling spounts

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Question We are still waiting..........

.......for our bills from Codetel. We get them online and they are ALWAYS available between the 28th and last day of each month...........

Now, May 6, they still aren't there so who knows if the same thing will happen to us.........

........but we have ALWAYS paid only 1 peso per minute for calls to the US from our landline in Puerto Plata.......

We have the PLAN USA which costs us an additional $100 peso per month and for that all calls to the US 24/7 are 1.00 peso per minute..........NEVER had a problem yet..........we'll see.........and LET YOU KNOW........

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by POP Bad Boy View Post
    .......for our bills from Codetel. We get them online and they are ALWAYS available between the 28th and last day of each month...........

Now, May 6, they still aren't there so who knows if the same thing will happen to us.........

........but we have ALWAYS paid only 1 peso per minute for calls to the US from our landline in Puerto Plata.......

We have the PLAN USA which costs us an additional $100 peso per month and for that all calls to the US 24/7 are 1.00 peso per minute..........NEVER had a problem yet..........we'll see.........and LET YOU KNOW........
    I have been getting my Verizon then Codetel bills on line for the past two years. This month they are no longer available and I got the bill in hardcopy thrown over my garden wall. Looks like another Codetel customer service award....
    Bryan

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I now use Magic Jack, call to States and Canada anytime for nada...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

For about 30 pesos + taxes per month, you can get a restricted long distance, which means that in order to dial LD, you have to enter a 6 digit code.

It works like this: you dial a LD number (DR LD, cellphone, or International), you get a second dial tone, you enter the 6 digit code, then your call i completed.

If you do not enter the code or enter the incorrect code, you get a busy tone and the call does no go through.

Local calls (within your local calling area) are not affected.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by POP Bad Boy View Post

exactly. i've always paid 1 peso per minute to the USA. hope i won't receive any surprises in my bill this month.
    even though i've been using bueno.com lately to call usa for free.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have internet already just get Skype plan for Unlimited calls to the US and Canada for about 6 US$ a month.

If you have a 3G Iphon you can also use that one for the same plan.

Works great and sometime better quality than normal phone call.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast