background check

Derek

Oct 3, 2006
I met a girl from Bani, I would like to do a background check on her before I go any further. Can you suggest someone that is reasonable and accurate with their findings.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
A background check normally means a police report but if you want to know if this girl has a novio and some kids that she forgot to tell you about then you need some detective work done. I believe the poster named Chip might have a name to give you.

Good luck

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
I don't know that a background check is any way to kick off a budding relationship
I agree.
However, when/if things are getting very serious, I think this is a sensible thing to do, especially in cases where the Dominican is much younger, poorer, and attractive.
For Canadians who face the potential of years of support when duped and dumped, I think this should be a routine procedure.
It does not mean there is a lack of love and trust
It is just a matter of being practical.
This is similar to getting a medical check-up before the wedding, not that you think your fiance has been infecting you.

A bit of money spent on prudent confirmation could have saved a lot of people who later find out things like:
-he/she was not single
-he/she did have kids
-he/she was not waiting for me
-he/she split soon after the plane landed
-he/she is collecting welfare which I now have to repay the government
-he/she is a good actor and a despicable lying con artist

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I think it would be extremely difficult to get a true background check / report... even by throwing money around you might still be taken on a walk.

I think there are some indicators.

• Sure, there is heightened grounds to suspicion when there is a substantial age difference. Still some couples have worked.
  • Language barriers are an other strong indicator which may suggest that one or the other's "love" may not be as well founded or genuine as we'd like to hope... how would one really love another when there is no or only limited communication possible. If she has some English, it again raises questions as to how so and why... one good way to check the claim of having picked up some English in a school, would be to check her vocabulary... usually they don't teach much of sexual content at these schools and classes.
  • Similarly social status (poor / not poor) will raise flags. But I also believe that a poor person can genuinely feel love for a person who is well off without everybody having to jump on conclusions. The question is, WHAT is and has she been DOING? Working on the fields, in a factory... what ever, maybe even attending college (now that would be really positive) or just plain nothing? What clothes does she wear? The "hot" hiphop clown stuff, or decent (well, even "decent" Dominicanas can dress quite attractively, but you get my point)? What are her interests, just her hair, shoes, and fancy cell phones?
  • Family! Is her family functional? What are her parents doing? Where does she live, at her parents, with an own room, clearly OWN room? What are her borthers doing... what do they wear (clown attire a la 50cent?)? What are these people appearing to live from? Do they work or are you marveling at how they survive doing nothing? Do they only brag about having yet another new fancy cell phone which does plenty of stuff they will never be able to use?
I think, you get my drift by now... there are many questions you can ask yourself and try to find a logical answer too... if you don't, maybe you are on the plan to be the answer to it all.

... J-D.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
A background check normally means a police report but if you want to know if this girl has a novio and some kids that she forgot to tell you about then you need some detective work done. I believe the poster named Chip might have a name to give you.
Good luck

I know this person as well, if you do not get in touch with Chip, I can give you his info...by PM.
SHALENA

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
My advice is proceed slowly and with your eyes open. I think that the info you get or the conclusions you draw from a background check or from observing the family can be confusing and misleading.

The "real" person can be very different from the person's current or past circumstances. Of course, if you are just looking for a casual releationship and want to avoid getting ripped off, then the surface facts will be your guide.

-D