Dog poisoner caight red-handed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
On Saturday 2nd May 2009 5 dogs & 1 cat were poisoned in Costambar.

My beautiful 22mth old German Sheperd was singled out individually by the poisoner because she had to deliberately throw poison through our railings to murder him.

Full details on my blog

gymbar.blogspot.com

I hope this doesn't get moderated because I believe that these scum should be named & shamed.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
How awful for you, I'm so sorry. Did the perp. have an issue with you in particular? Not asking for personal details obviously, just wondered if this was someone who didn't like the animal or its behaviour, or didn't like you? If the former then I presume all dog owners in the vicinity need to be forewarned.

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Just to give you some background.

We had the German Shepherd who I always walked on a leash & was always under control. In the condominium there were a further 14 dogs in 2 apartments which were often running free right outside our entrance. The Shepherd barked, naturally. The other dogs often demonstrated "pack-behavior". Ask Rainer & Beatrice about this - they know me & my dog & the situation very well.

Freefallfatty

Gone sailing!
Apr 20, 2009
If you have ever been to Saudi or Iran they have a great way of dealing with unwanted scum (and Women unfortunately)
Dig a hole in the beach (football pitch might be a bit obvious), bury him and stone them.
Deserve nothing less harsh than that, unless you dog attacked any of his family, then if seems pretty even.
If for no reason I would gladly chuck a few stones at his head.

Freefallfatty

Gone sailing!
Apr 20, 2009
I've just read that link (to the blog) and find that it is slightly out of order. You can't go around putting peoples addresses and phone numbers on the internet when nothing has been proved.
Doing things like that will only put you in a hell well of trouble should this lady be found at the bottom of a flight of stairs or for a completely unrelated reason attacked.
I retract my entire post above as I didn't see you had outed someone.
That is dangerous and really silly Blogging matey!!

mrchris74

Mar 14, 2006
I agree. I'm disgusted by anyone that would poison an animal, but posting contact details on the internet is going a bit too far. Do we really know that this person did this? Did the security guard tell you what happened before or after you offered the reward? And if he saw this happening, why didn't he do something about it?

I can understand an emotional reaction to such a traumatic event, but I really think you need to remove your blog post for now and pursue the culprit through more conventional channels. Vigilantism ought to be your last resort.

Good luck.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I don't think it's too far at all. In fact I think you should post a photo of this monster. She deserves everything she gets.

What a sad waste of a beautiful dog, I'm sure you must be heartbroken. And for what? Would you care to share with us this despicable person's motive?

buttons66

Oct 3, 2006
Deefer poisoner

OK, I am ffritz's wife and am equally upset about Deefer as well as the other dogs, I have read what ffritz put on the blog and have removed it, he isnt going to be happy but I do agree - lets do the right thing and get her put in prison.
Deefer never hurt a fly - his only crime was to bark, and even then he would only bark when stranger came near or dogs were in the carport.
There are 3 owners here who have lost dogs (all pets) and we are all distraught.
I just hope that Dominican justice will do right.

gmiller261

Dec 29, 2002
Your Shepherd is beautiful

I would hope anyone involved will burn in hell. They are cockroaches and should be dealt as such.

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Thankyou all for your input & support.

I have amended my blog post.

On Monday we are all going to the fiscal to report this. The reason for the delay is that the other owners are understandably distraught & we need to plan our case.

All of Costambar knows who the murderer is by now & we have let it be known that nobody is to take matters into their own hands. In fact I personally have had to stop people applying their own retribution already.

Once again thankyou all for your kind words & support.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Let us know how it works out with the fiscal.

I would be interested to see how they handle it.

Anyone who would kill a dog like that is lower than whale poop. Sadly, deliberate dog poisoning is common here.

Could you post a picture of Deefer? It sounds like he was a good dog.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Firstly, sorry for your dog.

Is there a reason (however unjustified) that somebody kills dogs?
Does the barking get on their nerves?

Is this lunatic a serial killer?
Is it a hatred of dogs in particular?
What is the motivation?

I can understand someone wanting to kill people but killing dogs seems weird.

Good luck in getting her ass hauled into court and then into jail.

Is the perp Dominican?

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Pictures

There's a couple of pictures of Deefer on my blog

He was the perfect German Shepherd - our neighbour has a baby boy the same age as Deefer. The baby would put his hand through our railings & maul the dog & all Deefer would do is lick him to death ....

donP

Dec 14, 2008
14/2

_ In the condominium there were a further 14 dogs in 2 apartments

Isn't that a bit too many?
As I understand you do not live in that condo place and have a property of your own where the dog had more space.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
No hay justicia.

Good luck in getting her ass hauled into court and then into jail.

Although I wish that it should be done, I very much doubt it happening. Unless eye witnesses come forward... ;)
And even then $$$$$$$$ rule.

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Pictures

There's a couple of pictures of Deefer on my blog

He was the perfect German Shepherd - our neighbour has a baby boy the same age as Deefer. The baby would put his hand through our railings & maul the dog & all Deefer would do is lick him to death ....

Reactions: Celt202

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Unfortunately, dog poisoning isn't unusual in DR. We have had two of our dogs poisoned - a female boxer at our house in Najayo Beach, and a female Rottie [Diana] in Santo Domingo last fall. Here's a photo of Diana and our grandson about a week before she died.

DSC00091.jpg

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Is there a reason (however unjustified) that somebody kills dogs?
Does the barking get on their nerves?

I suspect its the excessive barking at everything and anything or if people dont pick up after their dogs.
...disturbing their peace in paradise, in their minds.
Irritating but no excuse to kill a dog....at least try to speak to the owners if they are reasonable people.

But I do believe that dog owners should train their dogs to not bark at every little thing.
Staying at my friends house one night I asked him why his rotty was so quiet at night, while all the neighbours dogs barked so much. He said he trained his dog that way so when it does bark he knows something is wrong.

Yes not uncommon in the DR because people know they can get away with it without any penalty. Hard to prove.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.