Medical Question

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Before going off to the doctor and being given prescription for something that will have nothing to do my problem, I will ask my trusted DR1 friends their thoughts.
I have an area on my face where the facial hair is no longer growing. If I do not shave for a couple of days it looks like I have a little island on my face!! Any guys out there come ever come across the same problem and if so what medication did you use? I am guessing that it is some kind of fungus. It would be nice if it spread all over my face and I would never have to shave again...lol !
Would appreciate any suggestions....cheers.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Before going off to the doctor and being given prescription for something that will have nothing to do my problem, I will ask my trusted DR1 friends their thoughts.
I have an area on my face where the facial hair is no longer growing. If I do not shave for a couple of days it looks like I have a little island on my face!! Any guys out there come ever come across the same problem and if so what medication did you use? I am guessing that it is some kind of fungus. It would be nice if it spread all over my face and I would never have to shave again...lol !
Would appreciate any suggestions....cheers.

I am looking forward to the answers because the same thing has happened to the top of my head, all the hair is gone

Reactions: laurajane

rubycatalina

Sep 21, 2004
alopecia areata

i believe what you have is called alopecia areata. a dermatologist amy be able to help you, but probably not.