Bank with visa or mastercard debit cards.

thomas901

May 4, 2008
i'm trying to find a bank that used cards with the visa or mastercard logo. banco popular uses maestro. which i think is connected with mastercard but a website that took mastercard wouldn't accept it. anyone know anything? i can't use a prepaid card. thanks .

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Banco Leon's debit card has the visa logo on it. It could be considered as a visa check card. It can be used for purchases just like a visa credit card wherever visa is accepted or used in an ATM with the assigned pin.

NotLurking

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
DR check cards don't generally work for online purchases, whether they have the logo or not. They are not set up to do transactions in non DR currencies.

If the site wont take a prepaid card, they likely wont take a debit card either, if they want a credit card its for a reason. Usually they want to get their hooks into you so they can do recurring charges.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
806_carta_de_tajetas_credito0001_sized_cut_out.jpg

to the OP with Maestro and mentioning Mastercard.
like on the logo above which i copied from my website to inform customers what cards they can use here(processed with CardNet) the Mastercard and Maestro show both separate logos, so i would guess your Meastro Card only works where the Maestro logo shows up.
Mike

Reactions: Tamborista