Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default update on "The 'phone"

As most of you know I managed to get my hands on the cellphone belonging to a guy who was trying to break into my house. I handed it in to the police chief and then heard nothing.

Can you imagine how much information was available to anyone who wanted to spend a little time examining the 'phone? There should have been a number of arrests.

A number of weeks have passed since the incident so you can imagine how pleased I was to bump into the police chief again last Tuesday when he personally assured me that he would look into the case and indeed went so far as to take my 'phone number again so that he could get "straight back in touch".

Guess what happened?

A
    B
    S
    O
    L
    U
    T
    E
    L
    Y

N
    O
    T
    H
    I
    N
    G

What's the point eh?

He did tell me to get a gun and said he could "sort one out for me". He then went on to show me the six bullet holes dotted about his body and said he wasn't too pleased that I recognised him so easily because he has a lot of enemies that were after him!

Maybe they want their 'phone back!!!!!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the Dominican Republic

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simon & Nicky View Post
    He did tell me to get a gun and said he could "sort one out for me". He then went on to show me the six bullet holes dotted about his body and said he wasn't too pleased that I recognised him so easily because he has a lot of enemies that were after him!
    Maybe the Wardrobe Dept. of the newly formed North Coast Players could arrange a disguise for him?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about the attempted break-in, Wow the police department is really something eh?

Makes you wish you had kept the phone yourself and done some investigation yourself. I suppose it continues a similar theme to that of my post the other day about burglary and long term thoughts and plans about living here.........Very hard.

Stay safe!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Call your number.

I handed it in to the police chief and then heard nothing.
    It's sold.

Post Thanks / Like

I moved Matilda's post and responses to it to a separate thread.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/910...t-justice.html

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chief in Witness Protection?

I think I am confused; are you saying the Chief of Police did not expect to be recognized?

As most of you know I managed to get my hands on the cellphone belonging to a guy who was trying to break into my house. I handed it in to the police chief and then heard nothing.

Can you imagine how much information was available to anyone who wanted to spend a little time examining the 'phone? There should have been a number of arrests.

A number of weeks have passed since the incident so you can imagine how pleased I was to bump into the police chief again last Tuesday when he personally assured me that he would look into the case and indeed went so far as to take my 'phone number again so that he could get "straight back in touch".

Guess what happened?

A
    B
    S
    O
    L
    U
    T
    E
    L
    Y

N
    O
    T
    H
    I
    N
    G

What's the point eh?

Maybe they want their 'phone back!!!!!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default indeedy doody

He used to walk around town with his name badge and stripes clearly visible. Now he does not.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

He used to walk around town with his name badge and stripes clearly visible. Now he does not.
    So the chief of police is in a witness protection program too and afraid for his life? I guess the criminals are not to be messed and the chief knows that too.
    So the police department cant even protect themselves much less the general population.
    Oh my goodness! If that was not so sad it would be comical.
    Take his recommendation and get a gun.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if you are joking, but are you saying the Police Chief is afraid to be the Police Chief?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast