update on "The 'phone"

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
As most of you know I managed to get my hands on the cellphone belonging to a guy who was trying to break into my house. I handed it in to the police chief and then heard nothing.

Can you imagine how much information was available to anyone who wanted to spend a little time examining the 'phone? There should have been a number of arrests.

A number of weeks have passed since the incident so you can imagine how pleased I was to bump into the police chief again last Tuesday when he personally assured me that he would look into the case and indeed went so far as to take my 'phone number again so that he could get "straight back in touch".

Guess what happened?

A
B
S
O
L
U
T
E
L
Y

N
O
T
H
I
N
G

What's the point eh?

He did tell me to get a gun and said he could "sort one out for me". He then went on to show me the six bullet holes dotted about his body and said he wasn't too pleased that I recognised him so easily because he has a lot of enemies that were after him!

Maybe they want their 'phone back!!!!!!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
He did tell me to get a gun and said he could "sort one out for me". He then went on to show me the six bullet holes dotted about his body and said he wasn't too pleased that I recognised him so easily because he has a lot of enemies that were after him!

Maybe the Wardrobe Dept. of the newly formed North Coast Players could arrange a disguise for him? ;)

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Sorry to hear about the attempted break-in, Wow the police department is really something eh?

Makes you wish you had kept the phone yourself and done some investigation yourself. I suppose it continues a similar theme to that of my post the other day about burglary and long term thoughts and plans about living here.........Very hard.

Stay safe!

May 5, 2007
Chief in Witness Protection?

I think I am confused; are you saying the Chief of Police did not expect to be recognized?

As most of you know I managed to get my hands on the cellphone belonging to a guy who was trying to break into my house. I handed it in to the police chief and then heard nothing.

Can you imagine how much information was available to anyone who wanted to spend a little time examining the 'phone? There should have been a number of arrests.

A number of weeks have passed since the incident so you can imagine how pleased I was to bump into the police chief again last Tuesday when he personally assured me that he would look into the case and indeed went so far as to take my 'phone number again so that he could get "straight back in touch".

Guess what happened?

A
B
S
O
L
U
T
E
L
Y

N
O
T
H
I
N
G

What's the point eh?

Maybe they want their 'phone back!!!!!!

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
He used to walk around town with his name badge and stripes clearly visible. Now he does not.

So the chief of police is in a witness protection program too and afraid for his life? I guess the criminals are not to be messed and the chief knows that too.
So the police department cant even protect themselves much less the general population.
Oh my goodness! If that was not so sad it would be comical.
Take his recommendation and get a gun.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
I can only tell you what I know ......

He told me he didn't want to be recognised in the street anymore. He said it in front of many witnesses in the Jolly Rogers.

I would have thought that it was at least his suggestion or perhaps he was the one that gave permission for the 'phone taps on his colleagues. Let's face it, if you were in his shoes it would be more than enough to make you consider a career change with all 23 of them back on the outside.

It's a pity but I suppose he knows his days are numbered. I doubt if not wearing his name badge will help him, he needs Kevlar undies.

Reactions: Celt202

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
He told me he didn't want to be recognised in the street anymore. He said it in front of many witnesses in the Jolly Rogers.

I would have thought that it was at least his suggestion or perhaps he was the one that gave permission for the 'phone taps on his colleagues. Let's face it, if you were in his shoes it would be more than enough to make you consider a career change with all 23 of them back on the outside.

It's a pity but I suppose he knows his days are numbered. I doubt if not wearing his name badge will help him, he needs Kevlar undies.

Simon & Nicky, There are many good honest cops here now, regardless of all the criticism. Unfortunately they also need protection now. When the new Colonel came to my house to see me and warn me of a certain situation, he came with two bodyguards in a vehicle with completely blacked out windows.
I had to go to Cabarete last week to get an innocent out of the cells and when another person that was there tried to bribe the Captain, he was arrested. So be warned, a lot is changing and be careful who you try to pay.

Some officials no longer live in their homes, they live in secure guarded accommodation.

With regards tracing the thief through his celphone, this is really hard work. It is a long drawn out process and even the Colonel couldnt get it done when he took me to the fiscal for us to trace someone. Orange would NOT co-operate with the fiscal. The fiscal has to place an order and to do this, he needs the name of the offender, which Orange would not supply without the order. DUH.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
When the new Colonel came to my house to see me and warn me of a certain situation, he came with two bodyguards in a vehicle with completely blacked out windows.

This is pure drama, have you thought about getting this on Univision or Supercanal 33?

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Simon & Nicky, There are many good honest cops here now, regardless of all the criticism. Unfortunately they also need protection now. When the new Colonel came to my house to see me and warn me of a certain situation, he came with two bodyguards in a vehicle with completely blacked out windows.
I had to go to Cabarete last week to get an innocent out of the cells and when another person that was there tried to bribe the Captain, he was arrested. So be warned, a lot is changing and be careful who you try to pay.

Some officials no longer live in their homes, they live in secure guarded accommodation.

With regards tracing the thief through his celphone, this is really hard work. It is a long drawn out process and even the Colonel couldnt get it done when he took me to the fiscal for us to trace someone. Orange would NOT co-operate with the fiscal. The fiscal has to place an order and to do this, he needs the name of the offender, which Orange would not supply without the order. DUH.

I dont think a trace would have been neccesary, the phone i would imagine would have had a list of numbers stored inside all of which would have been contacts of this person. With a bit of intelligence and a few phonecalls from another line they could have found out who this person was.

Anyway the phone has gone, so i guess its pointless talking about what could of happened.

ALso i cant imagine there are "many good honest" cops, maybe some but to be honest it doesnt matter how many there are as long as they are out numbered by many dishonest bad cops (which i believe they are) things will not change..well certainly not for the better anyway.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Baddies Shifted Around

_ they are out numbered by many dishonest bad cops (which i believe they are)

In any given week there are reports of such 'bad cops' and we all know that there are many more such incidents which just don't make it to the papers or are swept under the carpet.
Most of these criminals in uniform do not get sentenced and may just be transferred to a "less lucrative" cuartel.

Apresan 2 polic?as atracaron hombre - Hoy Digital