Home Security Cameras

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Just wanted to pass on the following information
as I have been asked several times about "What is a good security camera".

Well, after years of BAD cameras and several I thought were good,
I found the "Mother Lode".

Recently I purchased several Speco/Provideo Intensifier cameras.

I bought both Bullet types and Dome types (Outdoor cameras).
(I originally bought just one to test, then went back and purchased several more)

I am totally "Amazed" at the performance of these cameras.
They do not use "Infra-Red" but rather they Intensify light.

How good are they?

Last night we had no electric for about 23 hours, just a clear moonlit night outside.
On the security camera at multiple times during the night I viewed the security monitor.

If I had just woken up and ONLY looked at the monitor,
I would have sworn it was broad daylight.
But it wasn?t, it was the middle of the night.

I also have Infra-Red cameras and on the multiple camera view of the monitor, the Infra-Red camera showed a picture that was just too dark to view.

The cameras do require some light to work, be it a small outdoor light or a moonlit night. They cost roughly $250 each on sale, close to $300 not on sale. My brother in the States viewed them over my Sling Box connection and was also truly amazed at their performance.

I have one camera that cost "Mucho, Mucho Dollars" and I thought it was great under low light conditions, these cameras made it look sick.

The models that I bought are HT-INTB8 and HT-INTD8.

Don SantiagoDR

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
SantiagoDR - that is sick!!!!!!!!! If I had a house in the DR I'd get me a couple of these for sure!!!!

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
On line storage of security camera footage

Are there any on line services that store security camera footage? If I was a thief and robbing a house, I would make sure I stole the DVR that recorded me coming into the house.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Are there any on line services that store security camera footage? If I was a thief and robbing a house, I would make sure I stole the DVR that recorded me coming into the house.

If you have a constant high speed Internet connection you can have it stream and record offsite...An idea.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

I think you are giving the thief too much credit, dumb enough to hit a home where he knows he is being recorded, but smart enough to take the security DVR?

The DVR which should be in a secure location out of site to begin with!
Half-ass security is almost as bad as none at all.
If you are going to leave it visible, then fake it with a fake security DVR for them to take.

Don SantiagoDR