Best store in Santo Domingo - outdoor furniture and ceiling fans

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Looking for outdoor terrace furniture (good) and ceiling fans. Can anyone help out? Thank you

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
As answered in the mattress search question, try Ilumel in SD
Lincoln just north of Mejia Ricart on the west side.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
For some reason, when I read ceiling fans, I thought Americana in Mega Centro. They have a good selection of ceiling fans. The terrace furnature is not so great, but they do have some.

I had just had some patio furniture custom made. Very nice stuff. I can't explain the style, but I can email you a photo if you PM me or I can post one here later if I can figure out how to.

2 padded rocking chairs, 1 padded love seat and small center table was 11kRD with delivery.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
William: I must tell you I have done some shopping at Ilumel (in Punta Cana)- and have not been happy with service or their selection though I have purchased some items. I am looking for a different store.

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
I got some good, cheap patio furniture at Carrefour. Collaspable wooden table and 4 chairs on sale for RD$4000.

Ainzo

Feb 18, 2010
For a ceiling fan, I will recommend you to buy Cumulus, it is an eye-catching fan. I also bought this fan because it has good features, and it is built in with light. I think you will like it.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
has anyone found a ceiling fan that actually works, most just spin round and dont deflect the breeze downwards to where you want it....I have more success with the floor or wall mounted variety, but they dont look so attractive

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
I've had KDK fans and Hunter fans. I prefer the Hunters by far.

KDK is probably the most popular because they cost less, but to me they looked very utilitarian and make too much noise, especially at the high speed settings. I put all of my fans on speed control dials. I had to turn down the KDK to be able to talk on the telephone. The KDK fans have 3 blades.

Hunter fans cost more but look much nicer, and come in different colors and styles. The Hunter fans have 5 blades. The thing I really like about Hunter is that at high speed, they remain very quiet, and they are reversible. They will either push air down or pull air up, depending on what you want. One disadvantage with Hunter is that helpers who don't know better will tend to pull down on the blade ends when they are cleaning them and will snap off the bracket that attaches the blade to the motor.

They sell both in Ferreteria Cuesta behind Nacional at the corner of Ave Abraham Lincoln and 27 de Febrero. If you buy several fans, ask the manager for a discount - he gave me one.

DH1

Oct 16, 2010
Patioworx is an outdoor/patio furniture store on the highway a half a kilometer east of Sosua (on route to Cabarete). Patioworx has a selection of quality aluminum, synthetic wicker and wood furniture, umbrellas, BBQs etc.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Patioworx is an outdoor/patio furniture store on the highway a half a kilometer east of Sosua (on route to Cabarete). Patioworx has a selection of quality aluminum, synthetic wicker and wood furniture, umbrellas, BBQs etc.

So do you own the place? Seems your two posts on these forums are the same and are an advert for the store. You should list in the classifed section here.
In any regard the place has nice stuff but VERY $$$$$$$, Some of the stuff can be gotten for a much better price in Santiago.

Bob K

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Looking for outdoor terrace furniture (good) and ceiling fans. Can anyone help out? Thank you

the op is asking for the best store for good exterior furniture. and all the stores they mentioned here like carrefour, ferreteria americana or el canal has just cheap stuff. Ilumel has some good stuffs, but, very expensive and is not especialized in outdorr.
For good quality outdoor furniture in Santo Domingo at good prices, go to Caribbean Shade, just behind Carrefour.
::Caribbean Shade:: Comercializadora Chkleo, S.A.

Adrew

Jul 19, 2011
I have information about it but not to much.
According to my point of view and i prefers to KDK fans and Hunter fans because that are best in quality and comparatively inexpensive.