Free lighting? Coooooooool

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
These battery powered lamps are so great - 100 hours of good lighting for 3 AAA batteries. I use them as emergency lighting, there's one in each bedroom and they're extremely bright.

Osram

Then they brought out the waterproof one: So cooooooool in you pooooool

Osram

But now they've come out with this: The only thing is they seem to have missed the major application (being the entire third world)

OSRAM|News|General Interest Press|020409_PM_OSRAM_DOT-it_Solar

Now they just have to work on getting the price right!

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
I got your attention....

Once you own one you don't need to plug it in! (That's the free bit)!!!!!

The question is how much will they cost in a year or two. Unless you've seen one working you really can't begin to imagine how bright they are. Without a doubt these little tiny lights are a vision of the future.

Instead of constantly asking the IMF for millions to bail out the generator companies Leonel should borrow the same amount and buy every household two or three of these.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the part i like the most is the name OSRAM. in polish it means "i will sh*t". great.

Jan 9, 2004
For a nice inexpensive LED solar desk light.....

These battery powered lamps are so great - 100 hours of good lighting for 3 AAA batteries. I use them as emergency lighting, there's one in each bedroom and they're extremely bright.

Osram

Osram

But now they've come out with this: The only thing is they seem to have missed the major application (being the entire third world)

check out Welcome to IKEA.com. In the search function type sunnan. Twenty dollars and it comes in 5 colors. I was rather amazed at the brightness. It provides excellent light for a four hour period, then needs to be charged via the sun.

I have sent one to the D.R. for the ultimate challenge.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

Osram

Osram

They sound like a really good idea - can you tell us where they can be bought and how much please?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
You need to spend money on more batteries. 100 hours isn't very long.

It sounded good to me as well but I logged on to Amazon and just bought a couple any way.

Thanks Windiguy, enough of the candles in the wind.

This time of year it's only a matter of time before you need one of these.