Missing dog from Classico Bar, Sosua

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
30c52te.jpg

Asseah went missing from Classico Bar in Sosua (on the main drag) between Saturday, May 9th at 7pm and Sunday, May 10th at 7am. She does not wander very far and usually sleeps in the bar.

If you have any information or have seen Asseah please contact Tom or Tanya Whitehead at 809-841-4294 or e-mail tomindr@yahoo.com or Tanyaweppler@hotmail.com

There are many sad people about her being missing and the unknown is the worst feeling......

Reactions: Celt202

SURFUP69

May 24, 2006
My Body Guard

This dog is so cool I hope they fine him. My brothers and I party there all the time, and the dog will stay at our feet all the time. He keeps anyone trying to sell us things away, he is just like our body guard and we feed him good too. It's funny there is a guy well know there that puts the dog on his back and with his foot he rubs his belly and the dog goes crazy. We will miss that dog, I hope you fine him.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Thank you for sharing your story about Asseah. It is so nice to see she is loved by many. She certainly does like the belly rubs...if you have food for her she will do a little tap dance for you:). She is one of my favorite "out of the house dogs". I hope we find her too.
Tanya

Last edited:
Reactions: BermudaRum

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
If they need a few dogs, I have the same breed roaming my streets 24/7. Hey, I will gift 10 of them.
I hope the find the dog.
AZB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Cleaned up thread in an attempt to get it back on track and help find this much-loved dog. :)

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Cleaned up thread in an attempt to get it back on track and help find this much-loved dog. :)

Thank you Chiri, cleaning up was more than necessary here IMHO and the only aim is to find this much missed dog - not the most beautiful in the world maybe and certainly not going to win any prizes at "Crufts" but cared about and loved by many.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Thank you Chiri, cleaning up was more than necessary here IMHO and the only aim is to find this much missed dog - not the most beautiful in the world maybe and certainly not going to win any prizes at "Crufts" but cared about and loved by many.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Tanya we are still looking!

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Thanks for cleaning up the thread Chiri. Some of what was written was freaking me out and not sure what to think of all that. Yes she is cared and loved for by many and the most adorable old dog in the world. Thank you to everyone who is looking. Nice to know so many care!!
Tanya

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
sorry to hear this

I am so sorry to hear this and hope she is found soon. She is such a fixture at Classico's. Whenever I went I always looked for her. Such a sweet natured dog. She is pretty elderly. Hopefully she just wandered off and will find her way back home. I drive around Sosua a lot and will keep my eye out for her.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Asseah has been found and is back at classico!!

Tom and I found Asseah on the beach this morning in front of Extreme Hotel in Cabarete!! She was not harmed but pretty tired looking. I received an e-mail tip yesterday from someone having seen her there. Everyone at Classico is so very happy. Thank you to everyone who has been looking for her. I really appreciate it. It is a miracle we found her there. Two guys were on the beach with her and said she just came down the beach right before we arrived! I was so happy to see her!! She is now back at Classico resting. I can't believe we found her. I am happy I never gave up looking for her. I know Asseah will have everyone keeping a close eye on her now.
THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!!
Love Tanya and Tom

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
She looks like a good old girl. It's good she has people who care for her.

So many dogs have no one and live short brutal lives.

B

BettyDiamond

good news I was also found wandering aimlessly on a beach this week and am now building up my strength ready for my new power lifting career

You can teach old dogs new tricks

A

apostropheman

Well done!

Tom and I found Asseah on the beach this morning in front of Extreme Hotel in Cabarete!! She was not harmed but pretty tired looking. I received an e-mail tip yesterday from someone having seen her there. Everyone at Classico is so very happy. Thank you to everyone who has been looking for her. I really appreciate it. It is a miracle we found her there. Two guys were on the beach with her and said she just came down the beach right before we arrived! I was so happy to see her!! She is now back at Classico resting. I can't believe we found her. I am happy I never gave up looking for her. I know Asseah will have everyone keeping a close eye on her now.
Love Tanya and Tom
I'm impressed, with you finding her and how far afield dogs will roam. :cheeky:

"All's well that ends well"

Reactions: Tamborista

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Love Tanya and Tom

I am truly delighted that you have been reunited with her.

Reactions: Tamborista

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
I still am shocked we found her but very very thankful and sooo happy:) Thanks again for everyone's help....very much appreciated!!!

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
Maybe she had enough of the late night partys and needed a vacation on the beach...?