Puerto plata, dominican republic (brand new video in high quality a must see)

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
YouTube - PUERTO PLATA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QJqwmZiEysI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QJqwmZiEysI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

PUERTO PLATA IS ONE OF THE NORTHERN PROVINCES OF THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. IT HAS BECOME A POPULAR TOURIST ATTRACTION SINCE THE LATER 1990'S MAINLY DUE TO ITS FINE BEACHES. IT BORDERS THE SPETENTRIONAL MOUNTAIN RANGE TO THE NORTH (WHICH SEPARATES IT FROM LAGUNA SALADA). IT HAS A POPULATION OF 496,882

THE CITY IS FAMOUS FOR RESORTS SUCH AS PLAYA DORADA & COSTA DORADA, LOCATED EAST OF SAN FELIPE DE PUERTO PLATA. THERE ARE A TOTAL OF 100,000 HOTEL BEDS IN THE CITY OF PUERTO PLATA.

THE ONLY AERIAL TRAMWAY IN THE CARIBBEAN IS LOCATED IN PUERTO PLATA. WITH IT, ONE CAN RIDE UP TO PICO ISABEL DE TORRES, A 793 METER HIGH MOUNTAIN WITHIN THE CITY. THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN FEATURES A BOTANICAL GARDEN & A REPLICA OF CHRIST THE REDEEMER, THE FAMOUS STATUE IN RIO DE JANEIRO.

THE FORTIFICATION FORTALEZA SAN FELIPE, WHICH WAS BUILT IN THE 16TH CENTURY AND SERVED AS A PRISON UNDER RAFAEL TRUJILLO'S DICTATORSHIP, LIES CLOSE TO THE PORT OF PUERTO PLATA. THE AMBER MUSEUM IS ALSO A WELL-KNOWN ATTRACTION IN THIS CITY. LA ISABELA, A SETTLEMENT BUILT BY CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS, IS LOCATED NEAR PUERTO PLATA.

SONGS USED IN THE FILM ARE

SIR SPEEDY - PELIN PIN PALO FEAT. MIGUEL LA BAMBA OF TRISTE TIGRES

OMEGA Y SU MAMBO VIOLENTO - QUE TENGO QUE HACER

CAM'RON - LET'S TALK ABOUT FEAT. JADAKISS

RED CAFE - HOTTEST IN THE HOOD REMIX FEAT. DIDDY, JADAKISS, RICK ROSS, FABOLOUS & OJ DA JUICEMAN

JUELZ SANTANA - DAYS OF OUR LIVES

SIR SPEEDY IS A REGGAETON SINGER FROM PUERTO RICO THAT HAS MAJOR SUCCESS IN PUERTO RICO & EUROPE. HE HAS RELEASED ALBUMS TITLED DANDO COCOTAZOS, NUEVA GENERACION, AND MAZOKOTE WHICH HAD THE HIT SINGLE SIENTELO

OMEGA Y SU MAMBO VIOLENTO IS A MERENGUE GROUP FROM THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. OMEGA IS THE SINGER WHILE THE REST OF THE GROUP SINGS THE CHORUS. THEY HAVE A LOT OF SUCCESS IN LATIN AMERICA & THEIR POPULARITY HAS BEEN GROWING IN THE U.S.

CAM'RON IS AMERICAN RAPPER FROM HARLEM, NEW YORK. HE IS THE FOUNDER OF RAP GROUP THE DIPLOMATS COMMONLY KNOWN AS DIPSET. CAMRON HAS SOLD MILLION OF RECORDS AND WAS A FORMER ARTIST OF DEF JAM AND ROCAFELLA. HE HAS RELEASED 5 ALBUMS TO DATE WHICH ARE COFENSIONS OF FIRE, S.D.E, COME HOME WITH ME, PURPLE HAZE, KILLA SEASON & CRIME PAYS

RED CAFE IS AN AMERICAN RAPPER FROM BROOKLYN, NEW YORK HE WAS FEATURED IN THE BIGGIE BIOPIC MOVIE "NOTORIOUS" AND IS CURRENTLY SIGNED TO BAD BOY RECORDS AND KONVICT MUSIC WHICH AKON'S LABEL. HE HAS RELEASED SEVERAL SONGS & REMIXES. THE 2ND VERSION OF HOTTEST IN THE HOOD REMIX FEATURES LLOYD BANKS, JUELZ SANTANA, BUSTA RHYMES & MORE. THE 3RD VERSION OF THE SONG FEATURES PAPOOSE, KARDINAL OFFISHALL, JUGGERNOT, UNCLE MURDA, ROSS FORTUNE AND DIDDY.

JUELZ SANTANA IS AN AMERCIAN RAPPER FROM HARLEM, NEW YORK BORN TO A DOMINICAN MOTHER AND A AFRO-AMERICAN FATHER. HE HAS RELEASED A COUPLE OF ALBUMS FROM ME TO U AND WHAT THE GAME'S BEEN MISSING AND WILL RELEASE BORN TO LOSE, BUILT TO WIN IN 2009. HE IS A MEMBER OF CAM'RON'S RAP GROUP THE DIPLOMATS ALSO KNOWN AS DIPSET

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Could I ask you, DK, why you chose to omit the historical parts of Puerto Plata? Just curious. The other thing which had me curious was around the 4 & 5 minute point of the film - did you reverse it? Or were there roadworks somewhere which we didn't see? Only, generally speaking, we drive on the other side of the road ;).

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Could I ask you, DK, why you chose to omit the historical parts of Puerto Plata? Just curious. The other thing which had me curious was around the 4 & 5 minute point of the film - did you reverse it? Or were there roadworks somewhere which we didn't see? Only, generally speaking, we drive on the other side of the road ;).
I think you will find it was 'digitally reversed' (or something like that). If your eyes can be strained yet once more (for the sake of research) you will note that the journey from the Costamber area through to just past The Brugal Warehouse east of Puerto Plata, is a continuous one with 'inverted' shots to make it look as though it is on opposite sides of the road before returning to the original (& correct) side of the road.

In MY opinion, the 'High Definition' supposedly used here does NOT overcome the style of editing used in the film. Disjointed shooting where the cameraman shifts from one scene sharply (& for just a brief few seconds) to another scene without letting the brain see what has been introduced into the film, is very irritating on my nerves when done at PROFESSIONAL levels - done by amateurs I find it just grates to the extent of wanting to stop watching. It may well appeal to others & I can accept that - it just bemuses me that people can accept such 'irrationalities' in their lives.

Keep up the videos DK but might I suggest more CONTENT in your filming & a more 'continuous storyline' to allow us to enjoy them. ~ Grahame.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Really............

Only, generally speaking, we drive on the other side of the road ;).

..............REALLY, I thought Brits drove on the left side of the road Lambada??...........LOL........

.......I was trying to figure out how he "mirrored" the video since if you notice on the "reverse" portions of the video, even the writing on the signs of the business' were in reverse.........

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Would anyone want to bet what AZB would say about this?? Sorry not my thing...but there is some humor in it...if you know where to look for it.

And these guys are into music and apparently do have a love of country. Again, not to my taste, but then again, I am an old fuddy-duddy with 1940s- 50s idea of patriotism...

HB

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
..............REALLY, I thought Brits drove on the left side of the road Lambada??...........LOL........

Yes indeed and I've always appreciated the small number of local drivers who have tried so hard to make me feel at home by emulating that practice. :)

On HB's theme of fuddy-duddies, could I also advise that those really offended by use of the f word have their volume turned down. There is some nice music on the film but also some rap which uses profanity.

Islander777

Sep 19, 2008
I loved the resolution and music.
The subject matter - basically driving down boring roads - was bad.
Try taking pics of the people in social scenes or at markets or fiestas. Really, just driving down boring roads even with good music and high resolution does not an interesting video make!

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
It was digitally done meaning we werent driving on the wrong side of the road !

I love you guys for the input you put and thanks !

Reactions: Berzin

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
It was digitally done meaning we werent driving on the wrong side of the road !

Ah! We haven't fully completed the cultural adjustment course yet then.....;)

Yes DK we know :rolleyes: it was digitally done - the question is why? What was the intended message? Was it a metaphor for life in the DR (all is not what it seems etc), an allegory for a Dominican Yorks sense of alienation, or ........what?

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
No i did it to change things around the more effects i add the more people continue to watch thats what people tend to tell me so i went with that .... I also did that in other videos but this is the first time you guys have noticed it ! ...

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I bet those washy boys are bad for business in Puerto plata...I know I plan trips and make fewer journeys through that area. The finger wag isnt very effective on these ones

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
.... I also did that in other videos but this is the first time you guys have noticed it ! ...
Sorry to be so late mentioning it DK - it is just that I watched (bored to H*!!) your first video & haven't been back to see any others. The only reason I watched this one was because it was of Puerto Plata (or so you told us because I didn't see much of the town or sights), a town I live in & love!

TRY the 'more & better content' style & see what response you then get. Research is a wonderful way of finding what people REALLY like to see don't you think? :surprised ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I bet those washy boys are bad for business in Puerto plata...I know I plan trips and make fewer journeys through that area. The finger wag isnt very effective on these ones

That's the PROBLEM with you JR ............ always taking the 'HIGH' road!!!

If you were to take the LOW road (like us what lives here) along the Malecon & go round by the port area, you wouldn't get bovvered by them washer boys!:chinese:! ~ Grahame.;)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
No i did it to change things around the more effects i add the more people continue to watch thats what people tend to tell me so i went with that .... I also did that in other videos but this is the first time you guys have noticed it ! ...

Well, your honesty is admirable. There I was giving you the chance to sound like the next Antonioni and......oh, well never mind. :cheeky: Hadn't realised you were seeking ego massaging ;)

I would have noticed the switch, DK, had I watched your other videos, but (& now is the time for me to be honest) no, I didn't watch them. It was the name Puerto Plata which drew me to this one, my adopted hometown.

Do you seriously want some help developing story lines for short films etc to capture the essence of the town you're depicting? Because with regard to Puerto Plata, I probably could help. Or is it just a fun thing for you doing it as you are now?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I saw the driver of the vehicle had one of those little plastic cups that chopos drink their rum out of.

Did he throw that one out into the street like the Presidente bottle from one other of the DK videos?

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I saw the driver of the vehicle had one of those little plastic cups that chopos drink their rum out of.

Did he throw that one out into the street like the Presidente bottle from one other of the DK videos?

Is there really any other option for the destiny of garbage?;)

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
This is why i love posting on this site because i get honesty

i didnt spend time in puerto plata i drove past it to get to sosua but i recorded what i could have ....if it was up to me i would record inside the brugal factory for puerto plata but i cant ....the beginning shows the true dr with the car wash

and i didnt mention brugal because thats where the factory is and i showed it

thansk for feedback !

that's the problem with you jr ............ Always taking the 'high' road!!!

If you were to take the low road (like us what lives here) along the malecon & go round by the port area, you wouldn't get bovvered by them washer boys!:chinese:! ~ grahame.;)

sorry to be so late mentioning it dk - it is just that i watched (bored to h*!!) your first video & haven't been back to see any others. The only reason i watched this one was because it was of puerto plata (or so you told us because i didn't see much of the town or sights), a town i live in & love!

Try the 'more & better content' style & see what response you then get. Research is a wonderful way of finding what people really like to see don't you think? :surprised ~ grahame.

i saw the driver of the vehicle had one of those little plastic cups that chopos drink their rum out of.

Did he throw that one out into the street like the presidente bottle from one other of the dk videos?

is there really any other option for the destiny of garbage?;)