Weddings in Santo Domingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHoagster

Jun 15, 2008
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to have a wedding in Santo Domingo. I am familiar with las Casas Reales, but am also would like to know of some other places for an elegant wedding.

I was considering Hotel Santo Domingo - any thoughts? I'm also interested to know if anyone has been married in Juan Dolio and where they would recommend.

Thank you

LKH

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to have a wedding in Santo Domingo. I am familiar with las Casas Reales, but am also would like to know of some other places for an elegant wedding.

I was considering Hotel Santo Domingo - any thoughts? I'm also interested to know if anyone has been married in Juan Dolio and where they would recommend.

Thank you

LKH

One of the members here was married at Hotel Guavaberry and i hear it is REALLY nice!

If you need Entertainment for your wedding reception, Let me know. I maybe able to help.

Congrats by the way!

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
Hello,

Thank you

LKH

Depends what sort of wedding you want really, daytime/evening in the sunshine or as the norm is here, in the evening.. and how many guests.

Our wedding last October was at Scherezade restaurant, beautiful setting and great for us as we had a small affair (40 people, close friends and family) for a meal, and their price is per head and includes EVERYTHING, the meal, decoration, entertainment, drinks....etc..

Our friends wedding was in the Colonial Zone, and they had several hundred invitees... just round the corner from the Sofitel Ovando, where they rented the room and they themselves provided the food and drink (via many family members....). Really lovely setting for a lot of people. Again, night time place. (I'm sure someone here will tell you the name it escapes me, through an old building on the left going away from the sofitel, sort of inside and outside at the same time...)

Hope you have a great day when you get it planned ;-)

Steve

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I was married at Guavaberry beach resort in Juan Dolio, Beach wedding then 120 guests in the big restaurant/pavilion. It looked lovely, food was excellent. Nice time had by all.

For something smaller, el pescador restaurant in Guayacanes is also nice for a wedding - up to around 40.

Matilda

holita

Jun 6, 2006
I was married at Embassy Suites in Juan Dolio. Perfect location and great value for the price!!!

phillymami

Jul 24, 2009
weddings in zona colonial

hi everyone this is my first time posting. I am in desperate need of some venue locations in santo domingo. My fiancee family are all from the DR while some of my family will be coming from the US. maybe 80-100 people. We are on a TIGHT budget and I just want to know where do Dominicans get married and have receptions?

p.s. I was interested in the colonial zone. Any suggestions?

D

dalit8

Hey Friend, even I am looking for Wedding venues in Chicago!! Can you please help me too to find nice venue that is affordable too for my sister’s wedding. We are living in Chicago. Please help if you know any good venue there.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Hey Friend, even I am looking for Wedding venues in Chicago!! Can you please help me too to find nice venue that is affordable too for my sister’s wedding. We are living in Chicago. Please help if you know any good venue there.

Your first responce is to a 5 year old post. Plus this site is dedicated to the Dominican Republic not Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.