The garden condo's sosua

yorkie

May 15, 2009
Hi we are thinking of buying at the gardens sosua we wish to live in it full time, can anybody give me information if this would be a good place to live? I have come across some information on the internet about the new garden hotel is this totally seperate, as this is like a hotel that allows clients guests and that is not the type of place we would like to live in. All inforation would be greatly recieved.

Reactions: mike l

aross

Nov 15, 2007
The New Garden Hotel in Sosua and the Garden Hotel in Las Terranas are totally different from The Garden Condos in Sosua.

The Condos are being developed by a very well respected and experienced developer who has been in the DR building and managing projects such as this for 20+ years.

yorkie

May 15, 2009
ref. the gardens sosua

Thanks for your reply, the gardens condo's in sosua the ones you refer to as been developed by a well respected developer, these are the ones I am talking about, I read that they are been build as part of The new garden hotel in Sosua. Is this correct? I am not talking about las Terranas. What about the general area?

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Thanks for your reply, the gardens condo's in sosua the ones you refer to as been developed by a well respected developer, these are the ones I am talking about, I read that they are been build as part of The new garden hotel in Sosua. Is this correct? I am not talking about las Terranas. What about the general area?

To the best of my knowledge, I do not believe there is any connection between the 2 properties at all.

james

Jan 14, 2002
Garden Condos are not connected with the New Garden Hotel in any way.
Great location. Of course Owners of a condo unit could not be stopped bringing guests unless they were disturbing the peace. There were some recent comments about the New Garden Hotel....as stated that is not connected, different owners, different builder/developer. I have known the builder/developer for 20 years and he and his wife are not in favor of the type of guests you are referring to. They like a peaceful, quiet place.

BlueLodge

Dec 28, 2005
The main problem with the Garden Condos IS the developer. Ron Blisset has a horrible reputation among most that have been involved with his projects. Ask anyone that has property at The Palms. He (Blisset) promised titles years ago and so far has delivered nothing. Ask anyone at Tradewinds. Blisset still retains ownership of the common area even though it does him no good. He always wants a bargaining chip in his pocket. He is nothing but an old bully that's used to getting his way.
First rule of thumb for me is to not buy any property he has EVER had any association with because he taints everything he touches.

yorkie

May 15, 2009
Thanks

What I was after was a nice home not a nightmare fighting a battle to get a title for my property.Thanks for taking the time to post this message.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
During last five months there is no any progress in construction work at all.

They even increased the promised return to investors/buyers from 6% to 7% but still there is very little interest.

In the near future they will build another big building along the street wall. After which density of population in the complex will be the highest in the North Coast.

In February Remax guaranteed that in August people will be living in their appartments without any construction work in the site.

And tried to scare into purchase saying that from August 1 prices will be INCREASED by 5%.

In the middle of devastating recession and RE decline without end in sight. Hmmm...

U.S. homes recovery distressingly slow: Reuters/UMich - Yahoo! Finance

Reactions: mike l

yorkie

May 15, 2009
Great to no that there has been no progress, as thats not the story that is told by the people trying to sell them. Thanks again really helpfull information

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Great to no that there has been no progress, as thats not the story that is told by the people trying to sell them. Thanks again really helpfull information
That is because what Mr. AK74 says is not true. Remax did not guarantee anything. They said the condos were scheduled for completion in August 2009. His story about no work being done in the last 5 months is also untrue. Search his posts and you will find that following almost all and any of his statements there is someone who refutes his alleged facts and the reason for that is because he does not tell the truth. I do not know why and I don't even want to know. It could be stupidity and ignorance or it might be malicious. One thing for sure is what he just told you as fact, is completely untrue.

PS: Pardon me for interrupting an otherwise interesting thread. I just couldn't hold my tongue anymore.

james

Jan 14, 2002
AK74.
Perhaps you should personally visit the Gardens Condos. In the last several weeks in the first buidling on the right there has been a lot of work done: interior bedroom doors installed, sliding mirrored closet doors put in, kitchens finished, balcony furniture placed, new garden planters made across the front of each balcony, new wiring started to have separate meters for every apt instead of one for all.
Where in the world does a developer finish the complete project before starting sales/reservations on units. In the current economic climate it behooves one to do it slowly.
I beleive the developer made it know that the buidlings would be completed one by one...the outside first so as to disturb as little as possible others that may be already in one of the other buildings. There is not a huge amount of work left to be done.
Perhaps the posters that in the last few days have made note of your continuous high level of negativity to many of the things you talk about are justified.

Reactions: Rocky

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
It is very encouraging to see so many loyal and devoted supporters of local businesses and local RE market, but what I said - is true.

I visit this site with my overseas visitors on a regular basis twice a month on average. Last time about two weeks ago.

The show-room appartment on the ground floor at the right is nice.

While posting I was prepared to withstand the windfall of the hostility from those who are sensitive to the current crush in RE prices in North Coast.

Sincerely wish you to find buyers and to sell your condos/villas at high pre-recession prices.
Wish you also all the best to you and to your families.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
During last five months there is no any progress in construction work at all.

They even increased the promised return to investors/buyers from 6% to 7% but still there is very little interest.

In the near future they will build another big building along the street wall. After which density of population in the complex will be the highest in the North Coast.

In February Remax guaranteed that in August people will be living in their appartments without any construction work in the site.

And tried to scare into purchase saying that from August 1 prices will be INCREASED by 5%.

In the middle of devastating recession and RE decline without end in sight. Hmmm...

U.S. homes recovery distressingly slow: Reuters/UMich - Yahoo! Finance

I have looked at the web sites for the 3 local RE/MAX offices. Not one of them "guaranteed that in August people will be living in their appartments without any construction work in the site". So yet again you twist words for your own unknown weird purposes to sensationalize something that does not deserve sensationalizing.

No construction for 5 months. BS - I personally visited the site mid March (3 months ago) to take the photographs that appear on the RE/MAX Carabi, Cabarete site, and saw dozens of workers in each of the buildings. Others have visited the site more recently (read James' post number 12) and have reported on the construction progress and work that continues daily.

What is the matter with you, a review of your history of posts results in a pattern of negativity that surpasses even a normal negative person.

My suggestion to you is you hop on board that boat you were looking to rent many months ago and have a big drag of whatever you are smoking or swallowing or injecting then take your Chicas for a long slow ride to wherever you land, I am sure you will be happier in that place than you are here in the DR (and hopefully there will be no wifi there).

b.batista

Feb 21, 2008
What is the matter with you, a review of your history of posts results in a pattern of negativity that surpasses even a normal negative person.
You waste your breath on this person. He has demonstrated countless times that none of what he says is true and you know that his his fantasy stories are always refuted with proof and he still comes back at a later date with more untrue statements. He must enjoy the attention.

Reactions: mike l and AlaninDR

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
How many people desperate to unload their RE posessions! WOW!!

:paranoid:

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
The main problem with the Garden Condos IS the developer. Ron Blisset has a horrible reputation among most that have been involved with his projects. Ask anyone that has property at The Palms. He (Blisset) promised titles years ago and so far has delivered nothing. Ask anyone at Tradewinds. Blisset still retains ownership of the common area even though it does him no good. He always wants a bargaining chip in his pocket. He is nothing but an old bully that's used to getting his way.
First rule of thumb for me is to not buy any property he has EVER had any association with because he taints everything he touches.

Life goes on and no one refutes what was said above.

yorkie

May 15, 2009
Well thats a good point why has nobody disagreed with the above posting. Well lets have it from the horses mouth, anybody in Trade winds or the Palms have any comments? After all there is no point in investing in something where you just get promises not a title.

b.batista

Feb 21, 2008
Well thats a good point why has nobody disagreed with the above posting. Well lets have it from the horses mouth, anybody in Trade winds or the Palms have any comments? After all there is no point in investing in something where you just get promises not a title.
Trade Winds has titles for the condos. The Palms do not and I am not able to tell you what the progress is in getting them. Mr. Blisset should have delivered them many years ago. Despite the Palms not having titles yet they still sell and sometimes for more that the equivalent Trade Winds condo that does have a title. Do not ask me to explain why. I do not know the answer.

Reactions: Tamborista

b.batista

Feb 21, 2008
How many people desperate to unload their RE posessions! WOW!!

:paranoid:
I have no RE possessions to unload. Your pitiful attempt at attacking the people who expose you is not working. They are not that stupid to not notice that your statements have been challenged and proved wrong. Accusing the posters of owning real estate that they need to unload will not detract anybody from clearly seeing through your inaccurate statements. You sound like a Communist who never got over it and if you do not like how the capitalist world works and you prefer living the communist life style then you should go back to where you came from. There is no need for you to suffer here anymore unless you are a wanted criminal in your home country and that you can not return or you will go to jail. It is my guess that is exactly your problem because no sane person would stay in my country if they dislike it so much. Please tell me your full name so that we can check you out with Interpol.