Dobermans, yes again, but the situation has changed...

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Some will remember the original thread regarding Dobermans which I started back on 3rd March (and wish I never had!) but the scenario has now changed somewhat... I understand that all the pups involved found good homes. However, the adult dogs, both bitches and males, have not.

Someone else has now assumed responsibility for these dogs (PM me for details) and, as I write this, they are housed at Judy's Pet Lodge and have been spayed/ neutered, treated for any parasites and recieved up to date rabies injections (courtesy of AAASosua) and have been treated by the 2 visiting vets from Germany who are currently in attendance and doing a fantastic job.

In the space of just over 2 months, the adult Dobermans who are a truly nice bunch of dogs (one of which is cross-bred and cute) have been badly maintained, lost weight and condition and are seeking good loving homes. The price tag, which was far greater than I was led to believe back in March, has been adjusted to 'acceptance via reasonable donation'.

If you need a loyal friend, companion, watchdog please get in touch asap - there is no plan for these dogs to be returned to where they have been living so they can be viewed at Judy's Pet Lodge, next to Coastal filling station in Sosua, by arrangement. On this occasion the request to start this thread has come from Judy, President of AAASosua (not the previous owners of these dogs).

As a reminder I am reposting a couple of photos of them.

vsjmup.jpg

2vnmk2w.jpg

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Whirleybird: I can email you some up to date pictures of the 7 dogs in question - these were from this morning when we picked them up...let me know if you are interested...They are all wonderful dogs and will make their new owners very happy...Thanks Tom n Tanya

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Post them here on the thread if you wish or send them to me and I will - understand they need a bit of tlc now, lets' hope they get it.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Slowly, but surely, these dogs are finding caring and loving homes. There are just 3 male Dobermans, plus the little cross bred dog, now seeking people to come forward. As mentioned in Post 1, they can be viewed at Judy's Pet Lodge.