Euros bank account

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Banco de Reservas and Banco Popular are two good institutions. I opened the account with my passport but that was yearrrrsss ago.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
Banco de Leon no euros account

it's shame that the Banco de Leon does not have account in euros :ermm:

Facility

Sep 3, 2008
BanReservas opens euro accounts and requests only referral from one Dominican born person (and two more to put in the card, just names aand phone numbers). Takes about two weeks.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
miniimum daily balance

Banco Progreso asks for a minimum daily balance 500 Euros.

Same thing on US $ account. 500.

If one days (or 30 days) inside a month you have a 490 balance.
They apply a 10 (US$ or Euro) charge.

Is it the same with BancoReserva?

But

When you ask for a check (any amount) in US$ or Euros. There is no charge.

I know banco popular charges 10 (US$ or Euro) for each cashier's check in those currency

P.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
BanReservas opens euro accounts and requests only referral from one Dominican born person (and two more to put in the card, just names aand phone numbers). Takes about two weeks.

I don't see this on the BanReservas website

Estas cuentas est?n dirigidas a empresas y comercios que realicen operaciones internacionales de importaci?n y exportaci?n y a clientes en general que necesitan depositar euros en cuentas de ahorro.

?Qu? necesitas?

▪ C?dula de identidad de las personas autorizadas a firmar.
▪ Para cuenta commercial es necesario presentar un acta del organismo competente que autoriza la apertura de la cuenta y nombre de los directivos que firmar?n la misma.
▪ Para entidades sin fines de lucro: Documentos constitutivos y decreto de incorporaci?n.

Facility

Sep 3, 2008
I did not check their site, I was just a walk-in - when I started moving around some and got tired minding a bundle of cash :(
I had my cedula and immigration card, but they did not even look at them, my passport was all they copied. They asked for a referral, I called my lawyer and on her permission listed her (She said something like - "it's nothing", and did not even bothered to charge me a peso for this).
Then I was told to come back in two weeks or when they call me, with the May holidays it was more like three weeks, but in there I came, they requested two more names to list in the form, I called my lawyer, she spelled two more names of her colleagues, and presto - in half an hour I had a booklet-like thingie.
They requested 300 euro as the initial to open the account, no other limitations, as far as I recall.