High-End Watch Repair in the DR?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Where might one find a certified Rolex repair shop in the DR, Santiago preferably?

NYerinDR

Jan 9, 2004
I was looking to get my Rolex clean in New York last year, and they want $250.00.
I was planning to go to Asia at that time so I took the watch with me and get it clean and have one spring replaced all for 9,000 Thai Baht( under $300.00). I gave it to the Bangkok Rolex dealer, and it was return within 10 days. The repair is warranty for 12 months.
I would not give the watch to anyone other than the authorized Rolex dealer because of the parts issues.
How about sending it to a dealer in Miami……

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Rolex does not have an "official" service center in the DR, only a couple of dealers.
The dealers send them to the service centers in the US.

Nov 25, 2008
are you kidding, in the DR certified ROLEX..... probably take the inside out and place a CASIO inside
take it to the states

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
There are some fine watch repair experts in DR. They know rolex inside and out. Rolex is just a label, the machine inside is no rocket science to them. There are thousands of people in this country who own rolex watches. they buy and sell them too in DR. There is a group of people in santo domingo who get together regularly in a antique flee market, just buying and selling expensive watches. they know exactly who is qualified to repair these watches. I have seen these guys in action and all of them are well to do professionals who do this for hobby. they often travel to usa to buy and sell these used/new rolexes.
In santiago I can only think of Joyeria Modesto on called san luis with corner of restauracion. If he can't fix it, nobody can in santiago. i am sure he has had his hands on plenty of rolexes in his life time. he also sells fake rolexes. hahahaha. he fixed my tag in no time.
AZB

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Rolex does not have an "official" service center in the DR, only a couple of dealers.
Prota is a dealer in SDQ and Punta Cana, and has a service center in SDQ. They say they can service Rolex watches.

We'll see...

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
My friend just had his Rolex repaired and serviced at Kelvin Joyeria in Santiago and he told me that their service was exceptional. The first thing they did was write down the serial numbers of not only the watch case but also the bracelet which is always a good sign. The repair took a couple of weeks but was well worth the wait. They have all the necessary tools for working with Rolex and have a fully equipped repair shop next to their shop. They sell high end watches including Rolex, Cartier, Patek Philippe etc. If you need a watch repair then this certainly seems to be the best in Santiago, especially for Rolex. They are located on Ave.27 de Febrero, Bartolome Colon, Centro Comercial Jorge Mod.14 which is just up the road from La Sirena and Ochoa. They are located on the main road, 27 Febrero just by the traffic lights on the corner as you turn towards La Sirena and Ochoa. The contact person is Pablo Rivas, 809 856 9131 and their website is Joyeria Kelvin

Nov 25, 2008
I wouldn't dare trust anyone here with a Rolex; its like trusting your local mechanic with a Ferrari...sure he knows how it runs but is he dedicated and careful to open the engine and work on it...that's the question

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
My friend just had his Rolex repaired and serviced at Kelvin Joyeria in Santiago and he told me that their service was exceptional. The first thing they did was write down the serial numbers of not only the watch case but also the bracelet which is always a good sign. The repair took a couple of weeks but was well worth the wait. They have all the necessary tools for working with Rolex and have a fully equipped repair shop next to their shop. They sell high end watches including Rolex, Cartier, Patek Philippe etc. If you need a watch repair then this certainly seems to be the best in Santiago, especially for Rolex. They are located on Ave.27 de Febrero, Bartolome Colon, Centro Comercial Jorge Mod.14 which is just up the road from La Sirena and Ochoa. They are located on the main road, 27 Febrero just by the traffic lights on the corner as you turn towards La Sirena and Ochoa. The contact person is Pablo Rivas, 809 856 9131 and their website is Joyeria Kelvin
They made Alida's engagement and wedding rings with old family stones. Fine folks. Nice to know they also do watches.

I ended up having the watch serviced in the states when I went back.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
He obviously does as my friend's Rolex works perfectly now....everything was done professionaly right down to the paperwork

sandlersmith

Oct 25, 2016
I have a ratchet two triax and an oregon series. Im hoping some Watch Repair shops with some cheaper options that do good work and can keep the watch fully waterproof after repair.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Servicing a Rolex is no other procedure than servicing any other brand ( not talking about complicated IWC's and Omega's etc.),
the thing is getting the parts as they make their own watch, clock-work. Be asure they have the right tool to open the Rolex cover. My wife and I had both a Rolex, oldies from the eighties, but sold them last year to not have the hassle and expenses every five years and the risk of getting robbed and someone steels your 2 or 3 k. and leave it to the compraventa for a few pesos.
Now we are happy with the cheap Ori?nt and Seiko, un alivio. Even perfect for snorkling 100 m. waterproof.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller

Correct. Don't use any of the so called dealers.

USA or for those in the Caribbean, you can get excellent official personal Rolex service at Abbots in St Johns, Antigua.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
My wife and I had both a Rolex, oldies from the eighties, but sold them last year to not have the hassle and expenses every five years and the risk of getting robbed and someone steels your 2 or 3 k. and leave it to the compraventa for a few pesos.
Now we are happy with the cheap Ori?nt and Seiko, un alivio. Even perfect for snorkling 100 m. waterproof.
I sold ours for the same reason: they're like a flashing red strobe for a sophisticated thief.

I sold them to Joyeria Kelvin for top dollar.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I?ve owed several Rolex watches over the years. Always used the same authorized dealer
for cleaning, maintenance and repairs. Never had any problems. I recommend you do the
same. I wouldn?t leave a watch worth more than a few hundred pesos with anyone in this
country without doing my homework on that individual first.