playing golf in costambar

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
few questions here, folks:
can a tourist (non member) have a game of golf there?
are golf clubs available fo rent?
what is the price for one game/one day on the course?
thanks!

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
golf

like #300 pesos for a resident and maybe 600 for a visitor, it is 250 for a caddy or a golf cart.

gibbs

May 31, 2005
like #300 pesos for a resident and maybe 600 for a visitor, it is 250 for a caddy or a golf cart.

Just remember...if you hit and kill any chickens on fairway 5 you will be expected to pay for them and don't mess with the burro near Holland Park:bunny:

El_Canuck

Mar 5, 2006
Where is Costambar, in relation to Cabarete. Has anyone played that 9 hole course in Costa Azul and if so, what was it like and what did it cost?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
the cows on hole no.6 are considered part of the course and you cannot move ball via a legal hazard.
But if the ball lands in one of the cow packs, is it 'Play as it lies' rules or can you 'lift, clean & replace'? Sorry, that should of course read 'Do you get the CADDIE to lift, clean & replace' within two club lengths! :cheeky: ! :ermm: !

Personally, I thought the WHOLE COURSE was a legal hazzard - has it improved greatly? ~ Grahame.

peteclaffey

Apr 30, 2006
I have 2 sets of clubs in Costambar , should you decide to play there pm me for details , both right handed , I would be pleased to let you use them , the course is errrm , the best one in Costambar ?

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Where is Costambar, in relation to Cabarete. Has anyone played that 9 hole course in Costa Azul and if so, what was it like and what did it cost?

Costambar is about 10 mins West of Puerto Plata. As for Costa Azul - I am not even sure if it is still open. Played it about 2.5 years back and they had only 4 holes at that time that were still playable. A few of the greens were no bigger than a desktop and the grass was as long as your backyard. If you really want to golf I would recomend you look at Playa Grande, Playa Dorada or Santiago (costa azul and constambar are not really considered golf courses!)

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Ditto to Mr. Whitehead's message.
I walked Costa Azul 2 days ago, was met by 6 or so kids looking for money, and a baseball game on one of the "holes". I knew the place before, but was looking for a place to maybe hit some practice balls close to home. Didn't work for me at all. Where can I buy some nice astro-turf?

Status
Not open for further replies.