Help someone please

rocker67

Apr 20, 2009
I bought some land on the north coast just before the deslinde law came in a year or so back !

i used a reputable lawyer

both my lawyer and i have been told there is a ownership question?

how do i find out who the owner is? The lawyer i used has checked the title ...and the title is clear!!! however ownership questions persist!!!

My lawyer says if a deslinde process is already in process by someone else and i try to deslinde the property i will lose out

how do i find out if another person has tried to or is deslinding this prperty???

the seller has my money and has admitted that there are problems to my lawyer and me (he never states what these problems factually are) he promises to return the money but never does.

the seller is politically connected

questions;
how do i find out if a deslinde is held / or is in the process of being deslinded by some other owner of my land?
can a lawyer do this?
can a surveyor do this?

my lawyer says they cant do that they simply checks the title and the surveyor looks after the deslinde, is this true???

I have organised a surveyor to check into this but what is his power...can he absolutley find out if a deslinde exists or is in process with the deslinde court???

ive lost $60k and did everything correctly , i used the best or one the best lawyers in POP? there reputation is solid...i cant say the lawyers name so please dont ask me

please help
you may ask more questions but please understand this is a sensitive issue and i have to tread carefully

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I hope you and your lawyer have not been told about the "issue" BEFORE you bought.
In my opinion, it was/is your lawyer's job to research ownership issues and to clarify them... IF you paid him to do the job right... if you didn't then you shot yourself into your feet.

Personally, I don't like the statement that if you would be trying to segregate and title your land (deslinde) you would loose. If somebody else really is seeking to segregate and obtain title to your land, you would then really have lost your "investment". I don't like that statement in the sense that it sounds like your lawyer may not be working for you but the other party instead... BUT THEN, your story is sketchy, we don't know ALL and I am not a lawyer, so I might not have the necessary legal understanding to recognize a particular "strategy" to help you there?
Yet, meanwhile I think it would behoove you to ask your lawyer to research WHO is really trying to get your land and provide documentary evidence and then fight (legally) that person.

Getting your money back would be nice. Otherwise, you ought to try to get title... anything in between does not seem an appealing option.

BTW: Licensed surveyors in this country do know a lot about who does what as they are closely involved with the deslinde process.

... J-D.

rocker67

Apr 20, 2009
I hope you and your lawyer have not been told about the "issue" BEFORE you bought.
In my opinion, it was/is your lawyer's job to research ownership issues and to clarify them... IF you paid him to do the job right... if you didn't then you shot yourself into your feet.

Personally, I don't like the statement that if you would be trying to segregate and title your land (deslinde) you would loose. If somebody else really is seeking to segregate and obtain title to your land, you would then really have lost your "investment". I don't like that statement in the sense that it sounds like your lawyer may not be working for you but the other party instead... BUT THEN, your story is sketchy, we don't know ALL and I am not a lawyer, so I might not have the necessary legal understanding to recognize a particular "strategy" to help you there?
Yet, meanwhile I think it would behoove you to ask your lawyer to research WHO is really trying to get your land and provide documentary evidence and then fight (legally) that person.

Getting your money back would be nice. Otherwise, you ought to try to get title... anything in between does not seem an appealing option.

BTW: Licensed surveyors in this country do know a lot about who does what as they are closely involved with the deslinde process.

... J-D.

thank you
im going to check the whole land title history today

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
You might want to disclose who your lawyer is here or via Private Message. I can ask about his history/reputation plus we have delt with a lot of them. In addition, my girlfriend's friend is a former judge and current lawyer, so she knows them all and their histories.

It sounds like to me that your lawyer did not do his homework or is working for the other side. The latter would not surprise me, most of the lawyers on the North Coast are in a little clique or 'mafia' and make all kinds of deals behind their customers backs, at their expense.

rocker67

Apr 20, 2009
You might want to disclose who your lawyer is here or via Private Message. I can ask about his history/reputation plus we have delt with a lot of them. In addition, my girlfriend's friend is a former judge and current lawyer, so she knows them all and their histories.

It sounds like to me that your lawyer did not do his homework or is working for the other side. The latter would not surprise me, most of the lawyers on the North Coast are in a little clique or 'mafia' and make all kinds of deals behind their customers backs, at their expense.

ill pm you

rocker67

Apr 20, 2009
:surprised
How are you going to do it, to find out, what is going on ........

well.......
the arrangements i have made are as follows
i have made a good relationship with the surveyor and explained the entire issue to him.

he and i are going to research this property to the furthest extent

once we do that ( and given i have paid for most of the deslinde, except the final parte) he will survey the property and enter the GPS coordinates.
the GPS computer will not allow 2 owners to possess the same land and will thusly notify the surveyor there is a problem! Therefore the results will be known immediately

Fingers crossed there is NO PROBLEM

rocker67

Apr 20, 2009
Hi people, i received a few emails from people that have made the assumption that Mr Guzman is my lawyer and was the lawyer i used in my earlier thread about a dodgy land purchase i made

For the record Mr Guzman and company has never represented me and is not the lawyer referred to in my other thread i would like that to be clearly understood.
nor has my current lawyer done anything improper