Real estate market bouncing back

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I often wonder how these people gather their stats.
Who do they talk with? How about actually publishing some "real" numbers, backed with "real" sources.

Real estate market bouncing back
Real estate sales within the tourism sector have experienced a revival during the last two months, according to Juan Bancalari, president of the Dominican Association of Tourism Real Estate Companies (ADETI). "There have been increases in sales and investments over the last few months. It's not the same as the beginning of 2008, but sales are moving and it's a very positive thing," said Bancalari.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Anecdotally, an agent in my local area told me that things were "better, not as good as one year ago, but not too bad at all". Could have been putting on a brave face, I suppose.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
The real estate stocks I purchased 6 weeks ago in the U.S are up 40 % and we all know that if real Estate in the U.S is starting to come back so will the real estate in the DR

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
From what I hear in the business from clients (developers) is that banks (among other things of course) have been really tight with their money until they feel that the market values have re-adjusted as low as they can possibly go. Given that now homes in Orlando are selling at half price what they were in 2006, I'd say we are just about there if not already there - at least in the States. You know what they say, what's good for the gander...