Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Old Timer's Alert

How are the Old Timers of DR1? Anything new? Who has come and who has gone? What has become of GOLO, Hillbilly, Joselito, The Russian-Dominican Lady, those characters from Puerto Plata and others?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still here, as is Hillbilly. Golo still posts every blue moon, not sure who the Russian Dominican lady is and Joselito still watches over us in spirit I'm sure

Where do you keep disappearing to ?

Post Thanks / Like

The Russian-Dominican lady is mariaobetsanov - still posts once in a while, rants of gloom and doom in Santiago.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    The Russian-Dominican lady is mariaobetsanov - still posts once in a while, rants of gloom and doom in Santiago.
    Oh yes, now I remember .

Chiri is still here as well

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

And what about Chris?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaC View Post
    I'm still here, as is Hillbilly. Golo still posts every blue moon, not sure who the Russian Dominican lady is and Joselito still watches over us in spirit I'm sure

Where do you keep disappearing to ?
    Around the WORLD. Does Golo still post nonsensical doomsday predictions concerning the DR? I'm still waiting for the peso to reach 100 per Golo, LOL!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    Yes, that's her name. I would call her Maria All-Bets-Are-Off, LOL. She's the NON-looking Dominican Dominican. LOL, so she's Golo's compadre-doom and gloom.

Post Thanks / Like

Me too - I always read her screen name as "maria-all-bets-are-off"

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another 'OLD TIMER' checking in O/C

For some strange (& unaccountable) reason there appears to be a bit of discrimination on another forum about us 'Old 'Uns' who go back aways . As I am still living & as Chiri was kind enough to post with information on that other thread, I have decided to advise you in this 'LIVING' forum O/C that I am still around too! I think 11 years chatting on this board qualifies me as "An Old Timer on DR1!!

I am delighted to hear that you continue your globe trotting pursuits - your tales on other countries & how they equate with the DR would be most welcome here I am sure. Hopefully the moderator on this forum will not see us 'Old Timers' chatting together about friends who no longer post here but still LIVE, as a threat & will allow us to continue our reminiscing - this might even show the old style posting etiquette we used to enjoy!(you controversial old Sausage you ) ~ Grahame

apostropheman

Thumbs up

Grahame,
    what are the necessary qualifications for being an "old timer" here, more than 5 years on the board?
    Last edited by AnnaC; 05-21-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: little fixing up

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast