Can my Fiance visit me in Canada if he has a visitors visa for the US?

anita29

Mar 5, 2009
If my fiance has a travel visa for the US and I live in Canada I was just wondering if he would be able to visit me here in canada with that visa? Also is it possible that if he were to go to the US to visit family that he would be able to take a bus here to visit me here in Canada for a few days then return to NY?
Thanks,
Aniita

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If my fiance has a travel visa for the US and I live in Canada I was just wondering if he would be able to visit me here in canada with that visa? Also is it possible that if he were to go to the US to visit family that he would be able to take a bus here to visit me here in Canada for a few days then return to NY?
Thanks,
Aniita

Well dear, here is how the world works. They check ID at the border between the US and Canada even and especially if you're on a bus. He still needs a Canadian visa to get into Canada even if he has a US travel visa.

Visas to Canada are not easy to get. Why don't you go visit him in the US?

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
I would think you would have a far easier time going to visit him in the US rather than him attempting to cross the boarder. A visitors visa to Canada seems nearly impossible to get. I don't think that a visitors visa to the US grants the visa holder access into Canada unless they also have a Canadian visa... :ermm:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I would suggest he applies for a visitor's visa to Canada once in The US. It is a lot easier to get such a visa at a Canadian consulate in The US than trying to get one while still in The DR...If not then you come down to The US and visit him (should not be that hard)

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
I would suggest he applies for a visitor's visa to Canada once in The US. It is a lot easier to get such a visa at a Canadian consulate in The US than trying to get one while still in The DR...If not then you come down to The US and visit him (should not be that hard)

Not true at all actually. We tried from inside the US for my wife twice and no chance......

travel1000

Jan 31, 2007
apply in canadian consular in bufflo

and the reason is see niagra fall. it should be straight forward if she is not rejected and apply visa before and your name and any other canddian name never apppear in her past application as friend or relative before.