Bus from SDQ to Puerto Plata

CSU

May 21, 2009
Interested in knowing the current fares for this trip - Metro or Caribe.

Also - do buses go airport to airport, or do you have to go into the city to a terminal?

Thanks for any help.

Starz_in_my_eye

Nov 29, 2003
I too am interested in knowing if I can get a bus from Puerto Plata to Santo Domingo's airport.

If not can someone tell me the best least inexpensive way to travel from Puerto Plata to Juan Dolio?

Thanks

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I believe the fares are 250 and 270 pesos for Caribe and Metro, respectively (may be off 20 or 30 pesos)...they do not go to the airports, the terminals are in the center of the cities.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Caribe buses are just slightly better (both are great), and makes fewer stops so a little faster. This is why the cost is a little higher, but worht it. In either case take a light sweater as the AC REALLY works in these coaches.

Bob K

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Caribe buses are just slightly better (both are great), and makes fewer stops so a little faster. This is why the cost is a little higher, but worht it. In either case take a light sweater as the AC REALLY works

I agree with the Caribe tours option....but would have to say that for me a light sweater does not suffice...I have to bring a polar fleece;)

Caribe buses are just slightly better (both are great), and makes fewer stops so a little faster. This is why the cost is a little higher, but worht it. In either case take a light sweater as the AC REALLY works in these coaches.

Bob K

Bob I believe you have it reversed Metro only stops 1 time in Santiago, Caribe makes 2 stops in Santiago and may also stop sometimes in Imbert and possibly Lavega. Both are good but for an extra 20-30 pesos the metro wins hands down.

reds

May 31, 2009
Does anyone have a link to the bus schedules? How many buses a day run from POP to SDQ on Saturdays?

Thanks in advance.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Does anyone have a link to the bus schedules? How many buses a day run from POP to SDQ on Saturdays?

Thanks in advance.

Caribe Tours C. Por A.

Here is the link to the website for Caribe Tours (hope you understand Spanish;)). It is user friendly and we have always found them to operate on schedule surprisingly enough.:cheeky: