New in the DR looking for help

Estar

May 18, 2009
Hello I'm new here and would like to go to Puerto Plata and work, please help me to start a new life in the Dom. Rep.:eek:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Hello I'm new here and would like to go to Puerto Plata and work, please help me to start a new life in the Dom. Rep.:eek:

Buy a newspaper and go to work in a call center and make $3 per hour with escalating incentives topping out at $5 per hour.

You should be able to rent a studio with limited furnishing and cooking for about $150 - $200 per month.

This is a quick and easy way to Start a new Life in the Dom. Rep.

In a couple of years the Dom may have a new name like Perignon!

Last edited:

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Hmmm that doesn't sound like such a bad plan... I am a teacher here and only make $2 an hour!! :p

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Used to?

doesn't sound like a good exchange, i'm used to more then that.
but cheers

Well all of us who have done any work here are "used to" being paid more than what one makes here......

One wonders, of course, what thoughts you had on this before you left your home country? UK?

You are likely to just get beaten up here on the Board for ..... well.....

did you not give this any thought of this before you got here?

in the full year during which, of course, you were making the sound preparations needed
reading DR1 on a daily basis
putting your money aside
getting a skill set ready
making friends with us

and all that

certainly you are not simply a guest at an AI who has fallen in love with paradise-- because the weather has been awful recently

and, of course. you have read the sankie 101 forum and ......

it's a good thing that you have a return ticket, right?

Or -- say - $200k that you can place in long term CDs so that you can live on the interest.....

the call centers do indeed offer the best salaries here - say RD$16,000 pesos from which you can eek out a living... so that was actually sound advice.

Last edited:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
doesn't sound like a good exchange, i'm used to more then that.
but cheers

BTW, don't you think this sounds a little presumptuous? I would say that even to someone who speaks the language fluently - which, BTW, do you?

Roshe!

Nov 30, 2008
passion.sitesell.com
welcome....

Match your talent with what is available.

If your English is very good,you may go ICDA on Abraham Lincoln.You will be tested.If you score 80% and above ,you become an English teacher with good pay,If you score between 70-79%,you will be an Assistant English teacher.They run the test every Wednesday at 3.00pm.Go along with a copy of your resume,one foto & information page of your passport/residencial permit/cedula.They could send you to their branch in POP.

Econo.pages is a call center in POP.Call them(809 970 3272) and make enquiries if they are hiring this summer.

If you will decide to stay in Santo domingo for a while,visit Streams global services tomorrow anytime btw 9am-4pm with a copy of resume,you will be interviewed on the spot.

Work on your spanish speaking,if you are not spanish ,it will be a bonus for ya.
cheers!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004

Have you ever travelled to the Dominican Republic, specifically outside of an all-inclusive resort?