Luis Hess/Garden Kids

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Garden Kids has raised its tuition to RD 12,000 per month. I have 2 children in garden Kids and it's been great, but that's alot of money and we might need to make a change.

I believe Luis Hess is 4,000 per month, and I hear only good things about it. If anyone has experience with the Luis Hess school, please enlighten me. I'm sure other parents will be reading this as well.

-D

tsg

Mar 25, 2007
We pay 2,100 per month, which is full price for a four year old, and so far we only have good experience with the Luis Hess school.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I have limited experience with the Luis Hess School. But I think it's one of the best schools around.
You might also want to look into Colegio Nueva Vida which is run by a US foundation and is located at the first intersection up from the Mulata entry (before Colegio International).

... J-D.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
I have a biased view but.....
as far as I know, Luis Hess does not teach English. And if they do, it is not taught by English speakers. I have also heard several rather disturbing stories about their so called 'discipline' there. So much so, that parents have removed their children from that school.

Garden Kids on the other hand offers a bilingual program taught by native speakers of English and Spanish. They are currently in process of becoming accredited which means the diploma they recieve at the school is recognised in the US. Yes the prices have increased but the school is improving and the children benefit from these improvements. I believe there is real quality for money at this school.

Just my opinions!

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I have a biased view but.....
as far as I know, Luis Hess does not teach English. And if they do, it is not taught by English speakers. I have also heard several rather disturbing stories about their so called 'discipline' there. So much so, that parents have removed their children from that school.

Garden Kids on the other hand offers a bilingual program taught by native speakers of English and Spanish. They are currently in process of becoming accredited which means the diploma they recieve at the school is recognised in the US. Yes the prices have increased but the school is improving and the children benefit from these improvements. I believe there is real quality for money at this school.

Just my opinions!

I am very happy with Garden Kids and Yvis is wonderful, but 24,000 a month for 2 children, plus inscription fees, plus paying for summer months, books...that's mucho dinero. Like $10,000 a year USD.

There are many young people in Sosua that speak excellent English - they learned it in language school. And yes, I've heard stories about the discipline at Hess. I will definitely investigate that.

No school is perfect. We have had poor teachers and great teachers at Garden Kids. I'm sure that's the case at Hess also. - D