1,256 Ex-Cons Returned to DR

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
This post is more of a rant than anything else and no responses are expected, but 76 murderers, rapists, thieves, drug addicts, and God only knows what other kind of deviants were recently returned from the U.S. to the D.R. bringing the grand total to 1,256 this year alone! Yes, I know that they have "paid their dues" with society, have been "rehabilitated" and all deserve a second chance, but I doubt very much that they will be getting jobs at the local colmado or farmacia as attendents and delivery boys. You know where this is heading and even though it is a legal procedure, this country has only so much territory to accomodate so many ex-convicts. God help us all!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Delivery

_ but 76 murderers, rapists, thieves, drug addicts _____ I doubt very much that they will be getting jobs __ delivery boys.

In fact 76 is a fairly low number for those regular Wednesday "deliveries".
Most of them are drug people and yes, "delivery" (as they call the motoconchos with special service here) may very well be a suitable job for a good number of them. ;)

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
this country has only so much territory to accomodate so many ex-convicts. God help us all!

You do know that they (most) used to live in The DR before they migrated to The US and committed a crime (if that's what happened)...besides as I've said before people want to blame them for the increase in crime rate and they are an easy target, but we all know most of the crime is not committed by these people but by those tasked with protecting us...how much territory do we have to accommodate these 30k+ strong?

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
The DR has the highest ratio of deported criminals vs. total population in the whole world!!! That is right- the DR is not good at exporting just hookers and baseball players, but also guys who like to sell like baggies of white powder on Jerome Ave.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
The DR has the highest ratio of deported criminals vs. total population in the whole world!!! That is right- the DR is not good at exporting just hookers and baseball players, but also guys who like to sell like baggies of white powder on Jerome Ave.

...and The US has he highest rate of users what's your point?

xtoclark

Jul 9, 2008
How much Drug traffic would there be without the demand from Canada and USA, and the EU?

How much drug traffic would there be without legislation and restrictions from Canada and USA, and the EU?

(hint: the answer to your question is... N/A, no rational answer is possible to such an unrealistic question.)

lucas08

Sep 6, 2005
If these ex-cons were not scare of doing crime in the US and dealing with US police... what would stop them from doing the same in DR? Dominican Police? They also have the support from the fiscal which always are on their side.
There has been 4 robberies in less than a month just under my apt parking lot. Dominican rep. has a lot of great things but is it worth risking our safety for it?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
How much drug traffic would there be without legislation and restrictions from Canada and USA, and the EU?

(hint: the answer to your question is... N/A, no rational answer is possible to such an unrealistic question.)

If there is no demand, there is no market.

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
If these ex-cons were not scare of doing crime in the US and dealing with US police... what would stop them from doing the same in DR? Dominican Police? They also have the support from the fiscal which always are on their side.
There has been 4 robberies in less than a month just under my apt parking lot. Dominican rep. has a lot of great things but is it worth risking our safety for it?

My thoughts exactly! I had not intended to persue this topic any further as I was just ranting, but most of these returnees are hardened criminals who have been "schooled" in U.S. jails and prisons for who knows how long. We are not only talking about drug users, but rapists, thieves of all manner, deviants who will shoot a helpless woman one day and gun down somebody else a few days later without so much as a second thought, and the list goes on. There are many threads on this board as to how to build higher fences, install razor wire, get motion detectors, have ferocious guard dogs, buy guns and shotguns and shoot them off once in a while so people know you are armed to the teeth, etc., etc... Is this how we want to live? As I mentioned before, returning these ex-cons to the DR may be legal, but it does nothing for the security of the general population.

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
Here is another scumbad Dominican soon to be getting a one way flight back to Santo DOmingo. This from NBC NY:

A man was so desperate to avoid a parking ticket that he ran over an NYPD traffic cop before she could write it, breaking her legs and causing a head injury.

Caught on Tape: Man Runs Over Ticket Agent to Avoid Ticket

The incident happened Friday afternoon on Jerome Avenue in the Bronx. Cops tracked down the suspect, 26-year-old Anthony Grullon, and arrested him Saturday afternoon.

The 26-year-old agent was about to write a ticket for a double-parked car when Grullon allegedly ran to the vehicle, got in and tried to drive away, police said.

As he made his escape, the car knocked the agent to the ground and then drove over her, crushing her legs.

The traffic agent is in guarded condition at St. Barnabas Hospital, police said.

Surveillance video captures the man believed to be Grullon wearing a red shirt and dark pants running across the street to his 2002 black Ford Taurus. The Bronx man has been charged with felony assault and leaving the scene of an accident.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
sorry

If there is no demand, there is no market.

True you are, but on the other hand I have no use for these parasites, If you cant follow the laws of the country your in as a guest, you deserve to be deported! No body twisted their arms and said go sell drugs, or kill/rape other people, nope no sympathy! MY house MY rules.

Same goes for protests etc by illegal aliens, if you dont like it LEAVE,

CJnNJ

Aug 7, 2005
Where are the Stats?

It's interesting to read what these repats "could" be up to once repatriated back to their dear ole Dominican Republic.

Are they tracked at all? Any statistics on recidivism?

CJ

barfly

May 21, 2009
According to a few articles I read the rise in crime is due to an increase in drug use. Apparently the DR was relatively free of drugs untill the military/politicians started distributing it to the poor areas of the DR. These new drug addicts then started commiting crime to get their fix.

While nobody wants more criminals in the DR....these deportations occured prior to the rise in crime. What Ive read seems to blame the military/politican drug pushers rather than these deportees ( as unsavory as they may be ).

Real change comes when the criminals at the top are delt with.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
the soviets kept vodka cheap and available everywhere, from moscow to mongolia. their reasoning was that if the populace is a bunch of drunks they are not likely to stir up any trouble or ask for their piece of the pie. so why not turn the good people in the poor barrio into druggies, this way they will kill each other, all become instant criminals, facing jail at all times, be so busy trying to get drugs that they have no time to complain about no electric, crap schools, unpaved streets, garbage everywhere. yes indeed, keep them illiterate and high, not likely to ask questions of politicians then.
in the US, i read this and the numbers are suspect, 1 out of 4, black men between the ages of 18 to 25 are in one way or another involved in the court system, either in jail or on probation/parole. this is because society has no place for them, no jobs, no future. it's like when you stick too many tomatoe plants in the ground, at the end of the growing season, you eat some, give some away, and the rest go to rot on the vine. the govt has too many young men on their hands and they don't know how to provide a future for them, unless they give up some pie. some can and do go to college and escape life in the projects but this is the exception. so for many in the projects or on jerome ave the only way to make it is selling drugs.
keep in mind that there are too types of criminals, violent and non violent. violent criminals will always be this way and need to live their lives in prison. if a guy went to jail for selling a bag of weed i have no problem with him being my next door neighbor.
i also think we deport more mexicans in a day than we deport dominicans in a year.

Lane53

Mar 3, 2009
Demand?

There has always been and always will be a demand for drugs. More people die each from alcohol comsumption and tobacco than illicit drugs.

Below is Time article on Portugal's dealing with the drug problem.

If drugs were legal the CIA couldn't fund as many cover operations.

Same with guns. If gun ownership is illegal then only criminals will have guns.

Drugs in Portugal: Did Decriminalization Work? - TIME

I smoke tobacco and drink on occasion but that is all so I am not a druggie.