Anyone familiar with Mel Tours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CajunGringo

May 20, 2009
I am returning to Sosua in a few months and am looking to book a tour to Santiago/Jarabacoa. Last time I was in Sosua I had a bad experience with a tour group, I don't remember the name but it was out of Puerto Plata. Essentially they took my money and kept telling me to meet a bus on different days, only to never show up. So needless to say I am somewhat skeptical to pay more money, but Mel Tours seems like a legitimate (or at the very least prominant) business. Please let me know if any of you have had experiences with the company.

ghost722

Jan 14, 2009
I went on the Santiago/Jarabacoa tour with Mel Tours in March. Everything went fine, only hiccup was that I was told to be at Casa Marina Hotel at 7am for pickup, but the bus was about 30mins late. Overall, I was completely satisfied and wouldn't hesitate to use them again if I decide to take another tour during my next trip.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
its apity you cant remember the name of the charlatans , mel tours is a great operation and the lady in the office near the checkpoint is very helpful

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Her name is Linda and she has an excellent reputation.

Gregg

Linda is a sweetheart. I have only used the fishing trips at Mel's but have always been treated very well. Excellent service.

Never caught a fish on the fishing tours, but I did have a Blue Marlin smack my bait once. It then jumped out of the water and it laughed at me.

Come to think of it....I get the same reaction from the Chicas :squareeye

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
used Linda on many occassions, she's great. i remember when i was a newbie she came to my hotel and booked my tours for me. additionally, i've booked tours through email with her.

Dec 21, 2008
I used them in early April and had a great experience. Booked with some guy on the beach in Cabarete. I would definitely use them again. Gave me great service - picked me up at my home as well rather than me having to drive into town and leave my vehicle all day.

ace

Apr 11, 2004
Linda is the Best. You will not find anyone as nice and friendly as she is. She will go way out of her way to make your trip the best. Everyone is correct here. She has a Magic Jack Phone in the office with a US number. Just call her , you'll then know for yourself. The number is 610-241-7938.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
You will not be disappointed. Linda is a role model for fine customer service, They run great tours with very trained guides. We've been on many excursions with them and recommend them to our guests and folks we meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.