Home alarm system

Sugarspice

Sep 28, 2006
Hey, everyone! I had an alarm system installed over a year ago, and since I have had nothing but problems. I live in Santo Domingo, near El Hipodromo V centenario. Everytime there is heavy rain and a thunder storm it affects my alarm system. Thus, causing the digital card to be damaged and replaced. This has happen three times already, and its getting costly. The technican blames it on the storm. However, the only device that is affected by the storm is the alarm system, nothing else. My house has ground wire and I was under the impression that with ground wire this should not happen this often.

I'm looking for some advice and a recommendation for a good alarm system company that services my area.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Your system should be attached to a good UPS/surge suppressor. That will stop your problems. Additionally, I'd find a good surge suppressor for the phone line if your alarm is attached to one.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Thanks so much! You do know where I can purchase one? We are still adjusting.
Any store that sells computers. In SDQ they are all over the place.

For an alarm system, you don't need a big one.

If you have an invertor, make sure the circuit to the alarm/UPS is wired through it. Most newer models will act as a surge protector, too.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
If you are replacing or getting an inverter, get a full sine wave inverter. I assume it would eliminate the need for individual outlet protection.