Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Home alarm system

Hey, everyone! I had an alarm system installed over a year ago, and since I have had nothing but problems. I live in Santo Domingo, near El Hipodromo V centenario. Everytime there is heavy rain and a thunder storm it affects my alarm system. Thus, causing the digital card to be damaged and replaced. This has happen three times already, and its getting costly. The technican blames it on the storm. However, the only device that is affected by the storm is the alarm system, nothing else. My house has ground wire and I was under the impression that with ground wire this should not happen this often.

I'm looking for some advice and a recommendation for a good alarm system company that services my area.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Your system should be attached to a good UPS/surge suppressor. That will stop your problems. Additionally, I'd find a good surge suppressor for the phone line if your alarm is attached to one.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much! You do know where I can purchase one? We are still adjusting.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarspice View Post
    Thanks so much! You do know where I can purchase one? We are still adjusting.
    Any store that sells computers. In SDQ they are all over the place.

For an alarm system, you don't need a big one.

If you have an invertor, make sure the circuit to the alarm/UPS is wired through it. Most newer models will act as a surge protector, too.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe late respond, but sure a good advice: my friend get installed a wireless alarm system. No hassle with cables, battery for backup, no problems. And clean work, european technicians. the link to this company
    Wireless Alarm Systems in the Dominican Republic :: Get your quick quote and secure your property and family. If they delete it as promo, just contact me via PM

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are replacing or getting an inverter, get a full sine wave inverter. I assume it would eliminate the need for individual outlet protection.