Religious and Folklore Festivals in June

carmbrus

May 6, 2009
I have been reading about various festivals thoughout the Dominican Republic in June to attend. I have found a few, but information on these seems to be sparce. If you guys know anything about where and when these festivals are, I would love it. I get mixed information from each source I read.. The ones I'm looking more specifically at are (which may not even be in June..but from what I have read they may be):

San Juan Batista in Bani

San Juan de la Maguana

San Antonio de Papua

Thanks!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
San Antonio in Yamasa - a Gaga festival at the Hermanos Guillen compound at the end of June.

The coffee festival at Polo, Barahona on 7th June.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I have been reading about various festivals thoughout the Dominican Republic in June to attend. I have found a few, but information on these seems to be sparce. If you guys know anything about where and when these festivals are, I would love it. I get mixed information from each source I read.. The ones I'm looking more specifically at are (which may not even be in June..but from what I have read they may be):

San Juan Batista in Bani

San Juan de la Maguana

San Antonio de Papua

Thanks!

Not sure where you are going to be staying, but for San Juan Bautista and San Antonio de Padua (not Papua) there will be Fiestas Patronales in parishes named for the saints.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
There is a big harvest fesitival in Polo/Barahona on Saturday and Sunday June 6 and 7th. With music and cyilists and forums and what not. I have the flier but there is no phone number or anything on it. It is evidently the coffee harvest .... should be fun!

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
Do you happen to know the dates for these?

San Antonio de Padua's feast day is June 13 and the feast day for San Juan Bautista is June 24. You will need to find a church/parish named for those saints to attend the Fiestas Patronales. They will not be in all parishes in the DR those dates.

carmbrus

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi tomorrow: anybody know where I can find some celebrations of it? A church with a mass for it or some sort of festivities that I can attend?

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
Are you on the North Coast? If so, I can probably help.