baby problem

clifford

Apr 10, 2009
please could somebody advise me on where my english friend should have her baby in puerto plata and how much the cost is her partner is dominican and she has been told that she cannot have him with her when in labour please can you help clear these problems

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
please could somebody advise me on where my english friend should have her baby in puerto plata and how much the cost is her partner is dominican and she has been told that she cannot have him with her when in labour please can you help clear these problems

Yes mothers often get told that partner can't be present, it isn't because he's Dominican, it's because he's a male...:rolleyes: She should discuss all this in advance with her doctor. And she could join DR1 & post herself. A number of expats have had babies in Puerto Plata & I'm sure she'd find them very supportive.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I know a British woman who recently gave birth at Centro Medical Bournigal and her partner was not allowed to be present for the birth itself even though they did request this on the grounds that her Spanish is very poor.

She told me that in spite of going solo, they were all excellent and she received good care.

(cant comment on cost as she is insured)

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Had the same thing in Panama when my daughter was coming into this world. The doctor in charge said that they didn?t allow the fathers to be present because there were births were the fathers passed out Told the doctor that he wasn?t big enough to keep me out of the delivery room and he led me have the most beautiful experience of my life!!!