&\the backslash comes out as &
the ampersand comes out at ^

i am lost lost lost lost

thanks _!!!!

!@#$%^&&*())_+

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Have you tried shift + whatever sign you need? Also check your Num Lock key - if it is on.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
what language is your keyboard set to and which would you like lol- we are masters in re-seting keyboards in the chat room NOT

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
If you have multiple keyboards installed, you might have accidentally pressed a combination of keys to take you to a different keyboard. I have done it a couple of times, because I also have Russian and Ukrainian keyboards installed on my computer.

The way to restore your keyboard is to find text services and input languages function on your machine - there you can check if the keyboard you are using is the right one and switch in between those.

Last edited:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Got it-- thanks

I am really impressed with all the knowledge on this board and the quick help... which, of course, I was too dumb to actually make use of.

the trick was that it was a Spanish keyboard and I had to change the language settings on my computer (bottom right tool bar)

anyway, I did call Raul who built the #$%& thing and he tried to talk me through it but then just came over and fixed it for me

as frustrating as living here can be for me here, I am always stunned by how kind the people came be and how they help out

I mean, imagine, in the States... that the computer techie will just bounce over to your house for six minutes at 8 pm and fix it for you and leave without asking for $40???? (See lookie lookie - I got the question mark and the dash in the right places without going bonkers!!)

thanks to all!!!!

sometimes i really really love this country! So many challenges!!